German Shepherds Forum banner

Missing since 1/5 Denver New Berlin NY

8K views 64 replies 24 participants last post by  Kay13411 
#1 ·
I am getting desperate for help here. Denver has been missing since 1/5, Tuesday, at about 4:30pm. I live in a very wooded area and have search eveywhere. I have left flyers in every spot including mailboxes all around me. I have two animal communicators trying to locate him. I have sent faxes of the posted to every vet clinic and shelter in the area. I am hoping to get a group of people out this weekend to search. My biggest concern is we have another snow storm and freeze coming in. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. The is a reward for his return. I live in the central NY area. Small town called New Berlin. If I am forgetting to include info, I am sorry, but I have not been thinking very clearly.

[/img]

[/img]

See less See more
#3 ·
I am so sorry. I hope you find Denver soon. I lost my dog for three hours after she got spooked by something on an offleash walk and just took off. I was out of my mind and can imagine what you are going through.

If I lived there, I'd be out helping you search. My thoughts are with you and hoping Denver is somewhere safe out of the cold. Poor guy.

#4 ·
So sorry to hear that. Sending positive thoughts and a prayer that you find Denver and that he is fine.

I see that he came from Brightstar rescue. Have you contacted them to see if they can help or have any suggestions.

If I lived closer to you, I'd be helping you look.

Hope he's back with you soon!

#5 ·

what are the circumstances of his disappearance - is it more likely that he chased a deer into the woods or was he startled & ran or was he possibly 'stolen' by someone passing by etc???

Definitely knock on every door - if people aren't home, leave a notice, also walk around the house calling him (in case he was found & is being held in a garage etc).

Have you contacted the police & highway patrols? make sure they have his picture & information.

Are there any local stables? post his story there so any riders can watch out for him (also post him on the local horse forum if possible)

How long has be been with you - does he know the area? do you walk in the woods alot or is he still an urban GSD?

#7 ·
Originally Posted By: Alto

what are the circumstances of his disappearance - is it more likely that he chased a deer into the woods or was he startled & ran or was he possibly 'stolen' by someone passing by etc???

Definitely knock on every door - if people aren't home, leave a notice, also walk around the house calling him (in case he was found & is being held in a garage etc).

Have you contacted the police & highway patrols? make sure they have his picture & information.

Are there any local stables? post his story there so any riders can watch out for him (also post him on the local horse forum if possible)

How long has be been with you - does he know the area? do you walk in the woods alot or is he still an urban GSD?
Excellent post, Alto. I was just going to say. Check Craigslist in your area for German Shepherds for sale. There has been so many thefts of dogs, and they pop up on Craigslist with a price tag. Usually its under something like " Moving, cant take dog with" or " Dog to a good home" something to that effect.

I wish you luck on your search. If I were in your area, I would sure participate in the search for Denver.

#8 ·
Thank you everyone for upr support and prayers.... I have been thinking of the possiblites that he was stolen. Denver never leaves the yard, only goes to the bottom of the driveway to great my daughter when she gets off the bus. I have a ton of deer that cross through my land, and he has never chased them. I realize things can happen and he could do, but it would be a first for him. Denver is trained in shcutzhund, and is very well behaved. I do work in his training, only once in a great while we will do it for fun. Denver came to trained this way. He was a rescue from this board about 6 years ago. Thank you all again for you support, I do appreciate it.

#9 ·
Kay, this makes me sick to think of, cannot imagine how you feel. Especially after all you've gone through with his health. People should see what he looked like before.

Do you need a new flier? I make them, can post it right here.

There are links at the top of the section for things like findtoto.com and the gsrne big bunch of links.

Our pennysavers do free lost dog things. You can say severe allergies too.

Sorry, forgot to say I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for his safe, soon return.

#10 ·
When Moochie bolted on us, we placed 350 flyers (encased in upside dog page protectors to keep them from getting wet) in English and Spanish. We put an ad in the paper, and on the local cable channel.

I have a set of word documents that provide a bunch of useful information about lost dogs. If you want a set, please PM me your email and I will be happy to send a set along to you.

By all means, see if you can round up a bunch of BrightStar volunteers to help you in the search. Our volunteers come out in droves when one of our VGSR dogs are lost.

All the best. I will be keeping you and your dog in my thoughts.

#11 ·
Oh Kay, I'm so sorry your boy is missing. I remember so well what he looked like before and how he blossomed after he was rescued. Have there been any sightings?

#13 ·
#15 ·
Kay, I know your head is probably spinning, but I just saw this thing where this govt agency put 10 red balloons in different, random spots all over the US and challenged people to find all 10. A group from MIT did, using social networking and small cash incentives.

So, if you have Facebook, or Twitter, or your kids do and can do it for you, put Denver up and ask people to go viral with it in your general area, pass it all around, especially to high school age kids in your area (include specific instructions that they should/should not try to catch him) with the cash incentive of leading to his being found, there would be a reward and then finding is a bigger reward (just chop your reward money up). I don't know if it would work, but they found those 10 balloons (granted they didn't move like a dog would) in under 9 hours.

Please let us know how things are going when you can.

#16 ·
Thank you again everyone for all your support, it really is very mcu appreciated.

There have been no sightings of him. The animal communictors feel that he is now in a buliding, or old barn, this part of NY there are a ton of old barns. I have nailing flyers to telephone polls and faxed to every vet clinic in my area. Today I am going to every shelter in the area. And again search the outdoors. Yesterday I had a search dog try and track, but with the wind and the snow it was difficult to stay on any one track.

Jean I would love some flyers, if there is a fee that is fine, just let me know the cost. I am truely sick everyday looking and worrying about Denver. He never leave the yard, which leads me to believe that someone took him. Too many days have gone by and now we have the artic temps here. To be honest I am out of my mind with worry. I need my boy back.

#18 ·
Just checking back to see how the search was going.

I can't imagine what this is like for you. It makes me sick to think about. Still sending positive thoughts to you and Denver for his safe return!!!

#20 ·
Thinking of you and Denver.

It is possible that someone found him and took him in. This is what happened to my foster who bolted an hour after adoption and took off to find me. Some nice people saw him running in the corn fields in the rain with a Christmas bandana on, they picked him up and took him home. Hopefully Denver is safe and warm somewhere.

#24 ·
Spent the day yesterday hanging more posted on telephone poll and going to the shelters to check for him. I woke the morning to
-8 degrees, talk about discouraged. This morning I plan on walking the woods again, just don't know what else to do.

Thank you Jean for a the flyers and all your help with cross posting Denver. I have also contacted other rescues in my general area, not there are alot, but maybe someone will try and turn him in.

#25 ·
Oh Gosh...I am so sorry! I am praying for his speedy return!

#26 ·
If I could be there for you Jean I would walk every step alongside you - I can only imagine what you must be going through. Is there any chance a local TV station would pick up the story, especially since you think there is a good chance he was taken? From time to time you hear similar things on the networks here in Denver - and sometimes it has resulted in the return of the dog......

Denver please call home!!!!!

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.