German Shepherds Forum banner

Rex is missing

4K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Karin 
#1 ·
I have not been on here in a long time.
After we moved back to the states. Husband was restationed and we couldn't follow. Then the house was robbed... Plus a whole lot more horrible days.

Here I thought Monday was the worst... but now...

Rex is missing.

I was cleaning the carpet one more time before I had to turn in the rug doctor and I didn't hear Bo let the dogs out.

When I figured it out Rex was GONE!

I have been looking all day. I went to the local rescue and talked to the lady there. Left the info on Rex and all she said was to check the AC. Which is almost at the other side of the county from me. I tried to call but no answer. Hope tomorrow to get someone.
Talked to neighbors and one said that dogs have been going missing in our rural area.

This makes me fear the worst for my boy.

If anyone know of what to do in NC to help find him, Please let me know. And if you don't just please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

See less See more
#27 ·
Oh Danielle - what great news!!!! Yes, definitely cookies for those people. How wonderful that they picked him up instead of ignoring him.

Now, Mr. Rex - you'd better keep your hiney at home. Your mom doesn't need this kind of worry!!!

#28 ·
Awesome news!!! I know how scary that is! My mini-dachshund got away from his dog sitter while I was in another state! He was found thankfully - and those services are expensive. for me it was a combo - the guy got a call from toto, but deleted it from his voicemail, but when he saw my dog, he remembered hearing the voicemail and thought he saw a flyer at the corner store...he went and got the flyer and we found my dog in the middle of the golf course!

What a relief for you and thank goodness for the family that found him for you. And I'm very sorry to hear you were robbed as well - how horrible!

#30 ·
Cookies is a good idea. I was thinking what I could do for them to say thanks. Send a thank you card from Rex with some cookies? It is just the lady and her husband plus their 2 dogs, one was a GSD.
Maybe dog cookies instead of human cookies?

#31 ·
Danielle,
I think anything you do would be great - just a little something to show your appreciation! A card from Rex is a cute idea.

I'm just so glad your boy is home!!!

#37 ·
Outstanding!!!!! I just hate to hear about dogs getting lost, it is scary and I would be devastated if it were mine.

Glad he is home.

I would bake some doggie and people Christmas cookies and a nice card. You never know, perhaps they will become friends and Rex will have a new playmate.

#39 ·
When my dog got lost some people found him and called me. i later left a little bag on their doorstep with some cookies for their dog and a note like it was my dog writing the note .
it said thankyou for calling my mom when i got lost. you could have just shooed me away but you took the time to call her. she was very happy to have me back. i am now grounded . the cookies are for your dog because he let me stay untill me mom came to get me.
i just wanted to show them that i appreceatied there returning him to me.

#40 ·
I am so very glad that Rex is safe and sound now! I'm so sorry that I missed this. Sending positive thoughts to you and the kiddos. May the cookies turn out fantastic, and your holiday be a safe, warm, and easy one!

#41 ·
That is a cute note Godiva.
I bought a Cuz ball for their dogs today. Weather has been very bad so I haven't made it there to say thanks yet. Will deliver fresh cookies with them.

#42 ·
That is a cool note!!! I bet you end up with a new friend Danielle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.