German Shepherds Forum banner

Herndon VA - Big GSD lost - reward offered

9K views 104 replies 25 participants last post by  Elmo's Mom 
#1 ·
This person was a previous adopter from VGSR and recently adopted a dog from a private individual.

Lea

Thunder (Tundie) my longcoat German Shepherd escaped from the house as the dog walker entered on Monday December 14th. He ran off along Frying Pan Road in Herndon but has also been sighted near the Loudoun County border by the Centennial Golf Course. He is wearing a choke collar and brown leather collar with tags. The name on the tag is Chewy, but he responds best to Tundie. He is "wolf colored" (predominantly black with cream markings,) with a solid black face, stands 30 inches high, weighs 105 pounds, and can easily be taken for a Shiloh Shepherd. He is new to the Herndon area and is very panicked, very lost, and by now very hungry. Tundie is very gentle and not at all aggressive but he will be very wary of strangers. He likes going for rides so you may be able to coax him into an open car by tossing a treat inside and saying "come on Tundie, let's go for a ride," and you may be able to approach him with another dog. Please call your county Animal Control if he runs so they can search for him. And please, please call me immediately if you see him so I can come to get him. My home phone is 703-793-0923; work is 703-446-1666, and cell is 703-568-5879. Tundie is not AKC registered and is only valuable to those who love him. $500 Reward. kshurwitz@fcps.edu<mailto:kshurwitz@fcps.edu>

See less See more
#6 ·
I hope they checking Petfinder and the AC or shelters.

#11 ·
Hi everyone and anyone who can possibly help! Please call Sue and hook up with her. Tundie was sighted in Sterling a little more than an hour ago. He ran into a karate studio at Ruritan Circle and the W&OD trail. I guess he ran out but the owner of the studio was awesome and looked on Fido Finder and found Sue's number there.
Anyway, Sue is out there by herself and doesn't even have her flyers in hand.
Please whoever is close by, please call her on her cell and hook up. I'm sure she would welcome the help.
more later, liz

#14 ·
I'm so glad the owner of the studio made the effort to find out it was Tundie. It gives us hope that he's out there.

Unfortunately, I was at work and didn't see the message of Tundie being in the area earlier today.

I hope he found someone loving to take him in for the night because it is so cold out there. I'm praying he is returned back home soon. I'll still keep my eyes out for him.

#16 ·
I went out this morning driving through the neighborhoods in the area and Claude Moore Park. If he managed to stay in this area, I'm sure someone will find him soon. There are always people outside walking their dogs. If he stays on the bike trail, that would be good too because there are always people on it.

I'm still saying lots of prayers Tundie makes it home safely soon.

#21 ·
I checked this thread around 11 this morning from my phone and saw the update. I called Sue and asked where Tundie was last seen. My husband and I headed out to Herndon and walked along the bike path hoping to see him, but no luck.

I put up some flyers at the stops along the bike path in Sterling yesterday and around some neighborhoods. Sue said one of the calls came in from the flyer on the trail. That seems to be his path. He seems to always be seen places near the trail. I didn't have any with me this morning or else I would have put up some on the Herndon side on the trail.

I'm so worried about him out there with the snow storm that is coming tonight.

#22 ·
I work in the building next to the police station, and I saw and called to Tundie this morning, but no luck. He didn't even turn his head my way, just took off in the opposite direction, and I was afraid to chase him in case it would spook him even further. He had been in the wooded area behind our office since Wednesday afternoon (I tried to catch him then, too), and we are right off the bike trail. Since he was here for 2 1/2 days, he may have found a spot to hole up in, and may come back to it--I will be keeping an eye out in case he doubles back this way, but I sure hope he is found today.

#24 ·
I just spoke to Sue. She is out there right now. She was looking for him in the woods with her boyfriend, and the police showed up. When they started going through the woods, Tundie ran off towards Spring Street.

She is going to camp out there for a few hours hoping he comes back tonight.

Please keep Tundie in your prayers everyone. We're expecting almost a foot of snow starting tonight.

#26 ·
I just spoke with Sue - they are heading back at day break to the most recent sighting (not sure if she's there now). They have set up a food station & are hoping to be able to track him in the snow. At first it will just be herself & one other person, in hopes they don't scare him off - but she will call for help if she needs it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.