German Shepherds Forum banner

Herndon VA - Big GSD lost - reward offered

9K views 104 replies 25 participants last post by  Elmo's Mom 
#1 ·
This person was a previous adopter from VGSR and recently adopted a dog from a private individual.

Lea

Thunder (Tundie) my longcoat German Shepherd escaped from the house as the dog walker entered on Monday December 14th. He ran off along Frying Pan Road in Herndon but has also been sighted near the Loudoun County border by the Centennial Golf Course. He is wearing a choke collar and brown leather collar with tags. The name on the tag is Chewy, but he responds best to Tundie. He is "wolf colored" (predominantly black with cream markings,) with a solid black face, stands 30 inches high, weighs 105 pounds, and can easily be taken for a Shiloh Shepherd. He is new to the Herndon area and is very panicked, very lost, and by now very hungry. Tundie is very gentle and not at all aggressive but he will be very wary of strangers. He likes going for rides so you may be able to coax him into an open car by tossing a treat inside and saying "come on Tundie, let's go for a ride," and you may be able to approach him with another dog. Please call your county Animal Control if he runs so they can search for him. And please, please call me immediately if you see him so I can come to get him. My home phone is 703-793-0923; work is 703-446-1666, and cell is 703-568-5879. Tundie is not AKC registered and is only valuable to those who love him. $500 Reward. kshurwitz@fcps.edu<mailto:kshurwitz@fcps.edu>

See less See more
#105 ·
Re: Wahoo - Tundie is HOME

I read the last blog entry a few days ago. Tundie was in remarkably good shape after 3 weeks in the cold and wet weather. He must have had an angel watching over him.

Sue looks so incredibly happy in that picture.

Lea, it's time for some new boots!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.