German Shepherds Forum banner

STOLEN: F GSD Riverside, IL

5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Karin 
#1 ·
I am posting this for a friend. "Hannah" (F, B/T GSD) was last seen 11/28 by a neighbor as a man and woman loaded her into an orange/red van in front of her Riverside, IL home. She was wearing a collar with multiple ID tags and is microchipped. Her family is heartbroken! Please look at the following LOST link for a picture and owner contact information if you live in the area. Let's bring Hannah home!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pet/1492609390.html

#2 ·
Thank you for posting this for your friend and for Hannah.

Good thoughts and prayers are on the way for Hannah and her family.

#5 ·
If she has a microchip make sure they contact the microchip company and notify them that she is missing. Some of the companies such as Home Again have services available for when dogs go missing, such as some will fax 'lost pet' posters to all the vets in the area and etc.

#6 ·
I didn't know that Chicago Canine, that's good info thanks.

As for the stolen dog ... I feel like crying, that's freaking HORRIBLE! Did they report it to the police? Was the neighbor who was kind enough to let them know perhaps get a license plate?

#7 ·
We have reported it to police, have called area shelters, vet clinics, emergency hospitals, and have a pretty large group of people distributing flyers, knocking on doors, and sending information to friends/family/neighbors online. (And thanks for the tip, Chicago Canine! I will make sure this gets done!)

Unfortunately we do not have any license plate information, although we do know that the vehicle was an older model van or wagon (orange or red). I have been doing some "Googling" (can't seem to get any work done myself--this family and dog mean a lot to me!), and did run into an interesting police blotter from Berwyn (neighboring town). Apparently, an older man with a red/orange minivan had been cited for looking in homes last year. According to the blotter, he has a long history of crimes behind him--including burglary and robbery. He only lives a few-minutes drive away, and I assume that there only a handful (if that) of orange/red minivans in the area. Hopefully we can get someone to look into this address tomorrow.

In the meantime, thank you everyone for looking at this post, and for your thoughts and prayers. Hannah is a very special lady with a very special family... Hopefully they are reunited soon.

Please keep your eye's peeled and your ears up!

#9 ·
Originally Posted By: Draco'sMomUnfortunately we do not have any license plate information <<< snipppp >>> and did run into an interesting police blotter from Berwyn (neighboring town). Apparently, an older man with a red/orange minivan had been cited for looking in homes last year. According to the blotter, he has a long history of crimes behind him--including burglary and robbery. He only lives a few-minutes drive away, and I assume that there only a handful (if that) of orange/red minivans in the area. Hopefully we can get someone to look into this address tomorrow.
Sounds like a viable lead to me, I hope your police dept agrees and goes to check *and* does a good job of checking! It's to bad the neighbor didn't get the plate, but then again these days you're lucky to have a neighbor that would say anything at all about what they saw. So many people are to afraid of retribution to even open their mouths.

#10 ·
I'll add it to my FB page, too. Since I am in IL and have lived here most of my life most of the people I know are here, too.

Same thing happened in Algonquin a few weeks ago iirc. People suck.

#11 ·
After another chat with the neighbors, we think it was a younger couple that picked up Hannah. If you know of someone who recently acquired an adult, F B/T GSD, please notify either the owners or the authorities! Beyond filling out more police reports, there is little that we can do unless someone sees her.

#15 ·

she is still missing the owners have made a new post
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pet/1528350360.html
Quote:It has been over four weeks since our female German Shepherd was taken from in front of our home in Riverside, IL. Though she was wearing a collar with tags and is microchipped, she has yet to be returned to us. My husband and I are extremely appreciative of all the efforts of the many people that are helping us in her search and ask that you please continue. Even though a potential lead may be very remote, we are leaving no stone unturned and are following up on them all. I will not stop searching for our girl until she is found. We love our dog and just want her back home where she belongs. There is a very large reward for her safe return. There must be someone out there that has information regarding the young couple that was seen putting her into their car on that Saturday morning on November 28th. Please, please help us find her.
Jenny

#16 ·
i just came on here to post this. i check craigslist every other day or so for German Shepherds and always see this poor ad. Its been 5 weeks already, i hope they get their dog back
Makes me so sad that people stoop to this level and steal peoples PETS.

#17 ·
Found!!!!! Saw this on CL:

HANNAH IS HOME!!!! Thanks to the extraordinary investigative and recovery efforts by the Riverside Police Department, after being stolen from in front of our home 6 months ago Hannah is finally home! Thank you so very much to every one that helped in her search, offered words of support, advice, and comfort, and kept us in your prayers.
Jenny

MISSING SHEPHERD IS HOME!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.