German Shepherds Forum banner

Found: Bi color Female VT ring sport trained

7K views 77 replies 25 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Back in approximately April of 2009 the local ACO found a Bi black female running up and down the highway in VT. She is micro chipped but the chip was just located as it migrated in her muscle and down into her armpit.
This dog is ring sport trained and we are guessing fell out of a trailer on the way somewhere an no one knew she was missing until they did not have a clue where to look for her. The microchip is registered with a company in the UK and we are not having alot of luck in tracking it, we keep getting passed from one company over there to another with no leads as of yet. If anyone knows of someone missing a sport trained bi black (rottie ish markings) Female that is approximately 3 years old PLEASE contact us. I just learned of this dog approximately two weeks ago through a trainer that the dog was brought to so please do not ask why it has taken so long for me to search out this owner.

#3 ·
Yes, I have searched this section, petfinder, craigslist etc. I have been doing Rescue for many many years and have just hit a dead end on this search so I am reaching out to those of you on the board. I have a picture of the dog from when she was 1st picked up but when I just selected the enter an image function it is looking for a URL addy. Can you provide me with posting info? Do the pictures need to be on a web sharing site first to post? If so my I email it to one of you to have you post it?

#7 ·
This dog was found in the SPRING of 2009 on I91 in Vt between exits 4 and 5 (Putney/Bellows falls areas) and is living with an ACO

Bi Black (Rott marked) female on the small size (aprox 21-23") NOT conformation style

vet said dog was 3-5 years of age, but we did not attempt to look

Dog is chipped with a French 15 digit ISO chip which has migrated

The ACO made some effort to try to track the chip but got as far as Paris and the language barrier took over

The ACO said the dog was much better trained when she first got her then she is now, and no one is sure exactly what language the dog works in and the ACO is CLUELESS, TOTALLY clueless about dog training in general

Between what Cate and I saw today and what the ACO told us this fairly high drive and bored to tears dog knows

an active heel

moving stand

moving sit

retrieve

Sch/sport style about turn

hold and bark

object guard

reverse heel

stay

come

article scent discrimination even from a large pile of items

at least some tracking

"kennel up"

She does know sit in French and come in German

She does know what a bite bar is

she did not seem to know what an A frame was

She is housebroken and crate trained

Cate and I wonder if someone lost the dog traveling so this dog could belong to someone far out of the area

There is a short time to find this dog's actual owner before an attempt is made to place her in a sport knowledgeable home.

Cate and I just found out about her so we are trying to do what we can, the dog is NOT with either of us but you can contact us with possible info and we will pass it along

Cate's email is vtcaninecamp@yahoo.com
and mine is
Diane Richardson - frontierrots@msn.com

Please crosspost where suitable

#8 ·
Sounds like a dream dog and I hope her owner is found.

#9 ·
Do you know anyone who speaks French who could follow up on the microchip? What about calling the AKC companion animal recovery service, they may have contacts overseas who could follow up. Do you have the name of the company in the UK? I'm originally from the UK and still have "dog" contacts there who may be able to help.

Good luck
Joanne

#12 ·
Thanks for the bump Ali-G I spoke with a very nice lady at AKC CAR last night and then left a voice mail on the CKC pet recovery website as it is also possible that a 15 digit ISO chip come out of Canada. So everyone cross your fingers that the Canadian database will be the end of our search.

#14 ·
Originally Posted By: foundlostimportit is also possible that a 15 digit ISO chip come out of Canada. So everyone cross your fingers that the Canadian database will be the end of our search.
I hope that your lead works out. It makes so much sense that as the dog was found in Vermont it may have come from Canada!

#16 ·
Well folks, another dead end. I just got off the phone with the lady from Canada chip and the chip is not registered with them.
Any other thoughts or ideas on where to check out for this girl? I can't imagine putting this much work into a dog and not bothering to register the chip.

#17 ·
With the amount of training the dog has I wonder if she was stolen somewhere and dumped? What about checking with sport registries or AKC or maybe other online forums that specialize in working dogs, leerburg.com & pedigrees.com com to mind. (I'm not sure if those are exactly the correct web addresses.)

#20 ·
Is the vet certain that this is the only chip in the dog? (eg, 1st migrated so a second was placed (& has also migrated ...)

Quote: The microchip is registered with a company in the UK
does this mean the chip is manufactured by this company? or just in their database?

FWIW I found this thread on an expat forum

Had you thought about contacting French & US Consulates? (both in the US & in France)

Maybe it's one of these chips:
All EU countries as well as many other countries require that your pet have a microchip that meets ISO Standards 11784/11785. The Datamars (Crystal Tag) microchip, made by Datamars of Switzerland, is a fifteen digit 134.2 kHz encrypted microchip that meets this ISO standard. As of new regulations promulgated in 2006, the ISO microchip became the standard for all of Europe. In addition, more than 20 other countries also require that your pet carry a microchip that meets the ISO standards, and this number is growing.
Have you tried entering the chip number at http://www.petmaxx.com/

Is there any chance that some newscasts would play up this dog?

#21 ·
Originally Posted By: AltoIs the vet certain that this is the only chip in the dog? (eg, 1st migrated so a second was placed (& has also migrated ...)

Quote: The microchip is registered with a company in the UK
does this mean the chip is manufactured by this company? or just in their database?

FWIW I found this thread on an expat forum

Had you thought about contacting French & US Consulates? (both in the US & in France)

Maybe it's one of these chips:
All EU countries as well as many other countries require that your pet have a microchip that meets ISO Standards 11784/11785. The Datamars (Crystal Tag) microchip, made by Datamars of Switzerland, is a fifteen digit 134.2 kHz encrypted microchip that meets this ISO standard. As of new regulations promulgated in 2006, the ISO microchip became the standard for all of Europe. In addition, more than 20 other countries also require that your pet carry a microchip that meets the ISO standards, and this number is growing.
Have you tried entering the chip number at http://www.petmaxx.com/

Is there any chance that some newscasts would play up this dog?
I was present when my friend personally scanned the dog there are no other chips.
I have tried petmaxx and it came back with no results. We currently have an email out to the french central dog registry and it is pretty much our last possiblity as we have spoken with the chip registry in Canada, the UK, and all of the US companies etc. Believe me when I tell you there is no rock unturned in this search. I have email the president of the North American dog sport association as well and she is asking around to find out if anyone knows of a missing sport dog.
The chip is a Virbac chip the database in the UK is held by a company named Anibase. I have spoken with both and neither have record of this chip, so we are checking the french registry and also have a email out to a company in France that has something to do with the manufacturing process.
I would not be against putting her out in the media as a last ditch effort to find her owner. However, where do we advertise? Who knows where the owner may live?

#22 ·
Originally Posted By: doggiedaddifferent scanners work on different chips.
Correct, however, the scanner used was a Homeagain Universal Worldscan Pocket Reader made by Digital Angel

it reads all 125 KHz range and 128 KHz range chips and most 134 KHz range chips (ISO and Digital Angel) The box and press releases say ALL 134 range ones but I guess there are a few it indicates what it is but does not display the # for.

So I am fairly certain that the bases are covered on the dog not having an additional chip.

#25 ·
I just made arrangements to take this dog in on Sunday. I will also fully evaluate her, take lots of phtoos, send them to the local ring sport, mondio, and schutzhund clubs, tons of importers/breeders and hope that someone recognizes her. If not, she can stay her until the perfect home is found for her. I am a huge believer in fate, so can't help but think she is on this journey for a reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.