German Shepherds Forum banner

Found: Bi color Female VT ring sport trained

7K views 77 replies 25 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Back in approximately April of 2009 the local ACO found a Bi black female running up and down the highway in VT. She is micro chipped but the chip was just located as it migrated in her muscle and down into her armpit.
This dog is ring sport trained and we are guessing fell out of a trailer on the way somewhere an no one knew she was missing until they did not have a clue where to look for her. The microchip is registered with a company in the UK and we are not having alot of luck in tracking it, we keep getting passed from one company over there to another with no leads as of yet. If anyone knows of someone missing a sport trained bi black (rottie ish markings) Female that is approximately 3 years old PLEASE contact us. I just learned of this dog approximately two weeks ago through a trainer that the dog was brought to so please do not ask why it has taken so long for me to search out this owner.

#52 ·
I really need good help to try and read all of the tattoo. It is very faded. So far all I can make out is S3 or 53. She wiggles and tries to see what I am doing. Saturday I will be amongst "dog friends" so someone there should be able to help me. One to handle her and one to read.

#57 ·
Oh my she is stunnig!!!! And BIG!!

I hope you can read her tattoo and she finds her way home.

#58 ·
Originally Posted By: rokanhausI really need good help to try and read all of the tattoo. It is very faded. So far all I can make out is S3 or 53. She wiggles and tries to see what I am doing. Saturday I will be amongst "dog friends" so someone there should be able to help me. One to handle her and one to read.
Just an idea that sometimes works. Have someone help you and take a picture of this tattoo in black & white or inferred. Sometimes the color or fading of the color makes it harder to read.

#59 ·
What about shining a black light on the ear? Would that work?

#60 ·
With the help of other experienced friends, we tried everything, the tattoo cannot be read aside form one digit. Flashlight does not work AT ALL as her ear leather is so thick.

Intersting news is I took her with me on a road trip this weekend as I had a trial and a show I had to attend. She did super with large crowds of people and even got to be the nuetral dog during a temperament test for other dogs. She also does indeed know what protection work is. As soon as we showed up and she surveyed the set up she knew EXACTLY where she was and immediately started scanning the crowd for the helper...which she easily picked out.
Funny how helpers/decoys have a certain way of carrying themselves and looking at dogs that reveals themselves to the dogs. She got did a pretty nice bark and hold, got to bite the sleeve, outed nicely. She was a very happy girl! But it makes it more puzzling how nobody could be missing her...

#62 ·
Know what I just thought of??

Owner passes away....
Family doesn't want the dog....
Instead of finding home....dumps on the sid of the road.

I just still have too hard of a time wrapping my head around someone losing or having this dog stolen and not go out looking for her. The money that would have been put into her!

#63 ·
Yes, could be. Or wealthy people bought her to decorate the house and tired of her..who knows.

Windwalker: I have no interest in retraining a spayed 4-5 year old female and trialing her. I think she would be just as happy in a nice home where she is the center of their universe and secure for the rest of her life.

#64 ·
I bet she would love to do something and would make a nice AKC obedience dog too. You know I would love to have her - if Kayos were not so dominant a female.

Hope she finds great home.

#65 ·
Quote: GREAT NEWS! I just got an email back from the company that manufacturers the Virbac chips and they sold the chip in question to a location in South Africa back in 2004. So now I have an email out to the registry in South Africa!! Fingers crossed.
was this location a vet clinic? when we had our cats chipped in Ireland, the vet kept complete records of the chip numbers & client information (by law)

#66 ·
Hii! When we lived in CO our neighbors 2 doors down were from S Africa and spoke of a family member who bred GSDs there. It's been 8 years since we relocated so I do not know if they still live there. I will try to track down some of our old neighbors to make contact. Unfortunately I do not recall the families last name. May be a long shot...but cross your paws!!

Woof!
Sandra

#67 ·
Spoke w/ CO neighbor who immediately called friend and partner in S Africa. His friend had already heard about a missing female; had received a call from someone in NY. The friend who is involved in Schutzhund is going to attempt to re-energize the search within S Africa.

My CO neighbor (who btw is a breeder and has imported from S Africa) questions why the micro-chip company doesn't have a record of the vet or breeder who originally received the micro-chip. Even if the owners did not follow-up and register the dog, the person who micro-chipped the dog should be on record as they had to purchase them from company. that sale is required to be kept on record. He suggested that the company be contacted again.

Foundlostimport: Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this search....You Rock!

Kandi: Thank you for caring for this pup...if the time should come that you need help transporting this girl to a new home, I'm in Indiana and will drive or overnight if needed.

Sandra

#69 ·
if I didn't have a housefull of females, i would seriously consider her,she sounds like such a nice girl..

#72 ·
I look forward to seeing some follow-up pics on Stella...she is a beaut for sure. Glad you are enjoying her...and yeah I get you wanting to keep her local.
I fall in love quickly and hard so I love visiting with former fosters. In Indiana we no longer have a GSD rescue org...we have folks who take in 1-3 dogs at a time and do the best they can. Nine times outta ten the dogs stay in the local area.

BTW looked at your website...your Hawk is magnificent!

Sandra

#74 ·
Heck I would be thinking of snatching her if Kayos were not so dominant. I think she would be a wonderful agility dog.

#76 ·
Kandi posted a Facebook update a week or so ago - Stella has gone to a new home, hopefully everything works out and it will be forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.