German Shepherds Forum banner

Found: Bi color Female VT ring sport trained

7K views 77 replies 25 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Back in approximately April of 2009 the local ACO found a Bi black female running up and down the highway in VT. She is micro chipped but the chip was just located as it migrated in her muscle and down into her armpit.
This dog is ring sport trained and we are guessing fell out of a trailer on the way somewhere an no one knew she was missing until they did not have a clue where to look for her. The microchip is registered with a company in the UK and we are not having alot of luck in tracking it, we keep getting passed from one company over there to another with no leads as of yet. If anyone knows of someone missing a sport trained bi black (rottie ish markings) Female that is approximately 3 years old PLEASE contact us. I just learned of this dog approximately two weeks ago through a trainer that the dog was brought to so please do not ask why it has taken so long for me to search out this owner.

#30 ·
Wow that is great that at least she has a safe place to lay her head until her owner can be found or another owner found for her.

Hoping the best for her.

#31 ·
I have a young friend who is fluent in french and has lived in France. She is on board for helping any way she can either with translating documents or phone calls with instruction, perhaps a three way call with her translating. Shoot me a pm if there is anything she/we can do

#34 ·
Well I guess this is the end of the road on the chip search... Below is the email I just recieved back from Virbac South Africa after being told the chip was not registered.

"Unfortunately if the owners did not submit the paperwork then the details will not be captured, the only other thing I can suggest is to advertise the dogs details in the local newspaper or with the local vets.

I am sorry that I cannot be of more help to you

Regards
Roberta Meyer
Backhome Administrator
Tel 0126576065
Fax 0800222546"

This is why it is SO important to REGISTER the chips after your dog has been chipped. Now unless someone steps forward we will never know who this girl belonged to.

#35 ·
You gave it a great effort, there is still hope! Her exposure on the PDB and wherever else you've posted her just may ring the bell for someone. I hope it comes soon, if she gets re-homed and then after time they finally track her down would be pretty awful.
Whoever ends up with her will be very lucky regardless!

#36 ·
Like Jane said,you gave it your all.At least now you can concentrate on a forever home for her.
I do have a legal question though.What if this dog is adopted out then by some chance the owners find her or she is found listed somewhere? I know it's unlikely but who knows.What happens to the dog and new owners,can the original owners legally have her back?

Good Luck on a new home.

#37 ·
I think the old owner is SOL. Same thing would apply if you adopt a dog from the shelter and the former owner tracks you down. If the shelter went through the correct process the dog was adopted legally.

I think if Kandi takes this girl and the real owner is found it would be a great thing but if not every reasonable and beyond ting has been done to find her home. If 2 years go by and the real owner finally finds her I think it would be safe to say the adopter has full right to the dog.

I was always afraid that would happen to Max. I know he had a family and he was clearly well cared for and loved kids. What if his old owner spotted him and said that's my dog? Not any more...

I hope her owner is found.

#38 ·
Well, aside from that, how could they prove ownership?

I'm not 100% certain how chip registration works, but if they never registered a chip, how can they prove it's "their" dog?

But perhaps they could prove ownership of the chip?

I really have to wonder how this dog got to the US! Was she a S. African bred dog, imported to the US as a pup? Or brought over for sport and got lost? Or imported as an adult? Hmmmmmmmm....so many questions! This is quite the story!

#42 ·
yes I did! I could easily see the green!! But her ear pigment is so dark, I hope I can read it. I am letting her settle in before I shave the ear and put a flashlight up to the back of it.

IF I can read it, even if it won't lead us to her owners, hopefully it will lead us to her breeder and maybe even her story.

She is a super nice dog. I am enjoying her already. REALLY pretty in spite of about 20 lbs of extra "lovin'" she is carrying!

I will take pictures later after all my daily chores are done.

#45 ·
she is gorgeous !!! how old do you think she is?

#47 ·
Gorgeous dog! I see what you mean though, she is a chunky monkey! Which just makes the whole thing more puzzling - somebody has obviously been feeding her (a lot!), they must be looking for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.