German Shepherds Forum banner

Zoe - lost WGSD, Charlotte, NC

5K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  shilohsmom 
#1 ·

Zoe is a Noble Shepherd Rescue Dog. Text below is from her foster mom:

"My foster dog, Zoë, has been missing now for 8 hours as of 9 PM on 8/16/09. I have walked and driven around my large neighborhood, submitted a lost dog report on http://www.petharbor.com, went to Animal Control and submitted a lost dog report. I now have flyers and will plaster the neighborhood. She was lost from the 5000 block of Kildare Drive in Charlotte in the Shannon Park neighborhood. This is off The Plaza, Shamrock and Eastway. She is microchipped and was wearing a collar, however, I did not have her tags on her. Her collar is a pink martingale. She is a 2 year old, spayed, White German Shepherd.

My roommate/friend let her out and then a couple of minutes later heard thunder and he went to go let her back in but she was gone. I have had her since December 2008 and she has never jumped the fence nor ever shown any fear of thunder. I am baffled as to what happened but regardless she is gone and I am desperate to get her back.

I am asking these things:

1. Suggestions as to what else I can do.

2. Help combing my neighborhood, including looking into people's yards.

3. Help with paying a reward since as many of you know I have been jobless for 6 months now and don't have the money.

4. Cross post the heck out of this to peop le local to Charlotte in and out of rescue. "

Please contact Alex qwith any information:
Alex Strain

alexstrain77@aol.com

http://www.blossomhouse.blogspot.com

(571) 242-5694

See less See more
#30 ·
No updates??? Please keep us posted if you can as we so want to hear the outcome and pray it is good outcome.

#37 ·
<u> http://www.findtoto.com</u>
Will send out a automated phone call with a description of the dog and your info for contact. Will also send a message to local shelters. It does cost $$ but it is a great way to reach out to the area and get neighbors involved. It made me feel a lot better anyway.

<u>Ineighbors.com</u>
Is a free resource, and many places are very active. You can join and post a message to the members asap.

<u>Newspaper</u>
You should be able to put a free lost and found ad in the paper. I did get phone calls this way, although they were sightings of a different dog. But people do check the paper it seems.

I also took flyers to local restraunts and bars. Interestingly, Alex was taken by a local at the bar down the street. Not that she returned him, but someone who ended up with Alex who also had been to the bar saw the flyer and returned him to us.

I even called the local news station
It didn't get on but it is worth a try. I did get some information out on the local NPR station though

Keep trying it took a week to get Alex back, and the people who had him spent the majority of the week contemplating whether or not to return him. I sent a lot of emails to rescues, shelters, and any dog club in the area I could find. You just never know!

Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing good news soon!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.