Zoe, 3-yr.-old female, Ardsley PA

5K views 54 replies 20 participants last post by  jacksonpuppers 
#1 ·
PERMISSION GIVEN TO CROSSPOST:
contact Jill 267-252-4243
Posted by: "Jackie Moore" sadiessong@mindspring.com sadiessong23
Date: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:51 am ((PDT))

Zoe
3 year old female German Shepherd Dog (sable coloring)
Is NOT wearing a collar, but is current on all shots
Last seen Sunday, 8/9 along Tyson Avenue between Bradfield and Easton Roads.
contact Jill 267-252-4243

Aloha,
Jackie Moore
sadiessong@mindspring.com
http://www.brooklinelabrescue.org
area 4 volunteer

Photo here: http://tinyurl.com/m928rp

See less See more
#2 ·
Zoe is our newly adopted girl. I was hoping that Zoe would get a happier introduction to the board in a nice photo with her new big brother and sister. She is staying in the same area and has been seen multiple times by multiple people in the neighborhood. They've been terrific about letting us know whenever she is seen, but so far WE haven't seen her.

She's only 1-2 blocks from our home, but didn't even make it there before getting loose so it wouldn't mean anything to her and 1-2 blocks from the local SPCA branch. Just walk to the SPCA, Zoe! Please just walk to the SPCA!

#3 ·
I am so sorry Jill!!

To clarify...she got loose on transport?

#4 ·
Well - sort of. We were the "transport". We met the prior owners in Baltimore (they were moving away from Fredricksburg, VA). I've transitioned the other two to raw, but didn't want to start Zoe out with pork and fish which is all I had in the house right then so we stopped at the grocery store to get chicken.

After the 2 hour drive on such a hot day, Brian got out of the car to wait in a shady spot and try to get her to drink some water. She zigged, he zagged and she pulled out of the collar (I had insisted on taking off the choker she was on because I was worried about her getting caught on the car barrier).

Anyway, that was Sunday. We go out early in the morning, later in the evening and walk and walk and call her. Several neighbors are also helping to look and have been so supportive. We're planning to try a trap and have had someone with tracking experience come down to give us tips. She is staying in the same area - a very large cemetery and is only a few blocks from home or (almost as good) a few blocks from the SPCA.

#10 ·
Thanks Linda - that's very sweet of you to offer. We're heading out shortly to walk the side of the cemetery where she was seen most recently and go door to door with flyers.

Even though she seems to be staying local, I am trying to get the word out as much as I can. It would be great if someone who "gets" GSDs finds her as she is very shy of strangers.

#11 ·
Can you get a live trap from the SPCA? She must be hungry by now.

#13 ·
Any sightings? Gosh I wish I were closer! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

#16 ·
Nothing new - no phone calls, no sightings. We did two more blocks of fliers door to door this morning and the daily walk-through of the area shelters. There is a spillway and drainage pond along one side of the cemetery and we are going to try just sitting quietly tomorrow morning before dawn in the hope of her coming there for water.

We want her home, but just to catch a glimpse of her would be such a lift. Tomorrow will be a week that she has been missing.

#20 ·
Hi Karrie. She did live with two other dogs previously (another GSD and a westie). We have taken Ward, our very very friendly male out from time to time when we've been out walking and looking. However, she never even made it to our home and didn't meet our dogs before getting lost so we aren't so sure if she will come to a strange dog. When we picked her up from the prior owner, it was a public place and there were many dogs around - she wasn't particularly interested.

Thanks for thinking of ideas - keep them coming! I'm open to trying just about anything to get her home.

#24 ·
The prior owners lived in Viriginia and are now in Nevada. The only thing we got of Zoe's from them is her collar and leash. They did let their old neighbors know she was lost in case she does try to get back to VA and the shelter they got her from is on the contact list for her microchip.

If we can pin down where she is (the area where she was being seen is a huge cemetery that that is connected to nature conservancy areas on two sides with some residential sections sprinkled in) then we'll get the trap out. Including the collar is a good suggestion, thanks.

#26 ·
Oh my gosh, I am in tears. That girl was certainly special to me,though I never met her, I would have taken her had I not had Dutch. I'm so sorry. Good luck, I really, really hope you get her safely... Such a tragedy... Do the old owners know...? They obviously loved her very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.