German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio(Zanesville-White Cottage area)Blk German Shep

27K views 233 replies 19 participants last post by  WNGD 
#1 ·
My dog is my best friend and I miss her. Please if you have any information or have seen her, contact me. It would be greatly appreciated. She's about 2.5 years old, black with a white patch on her chest. Silverish colors throughout especially around her shoulder blades...also has silverish circles around her eyes. Ears stand straight up. Large Reward with any leading information. I really want my best friend back. I've tried findtoto.com, ads in the newspapers, fliers, knocked on doors...etc. No one has seen her since the morning of 2/27. I'm really hoping my neighbor didn't harm her and I still have hope in finding her. Hopefully she finds her way home safely soon! Thanks for any help!

See less See more
#2 ·
beautiful sweet little face. so sad to see "best friend" living on a chain.

#3 ·
Let me say that the only time she was on a chain is when I was at work. She had seperation anxiety when I'd be gone my long hours at work and would tear up the house! She'd jump through windows, chewed through her metal crate, this was my ONLY option when I was gone.

I hate when folks suspect that I just left her outside because of some of the pics I had taken of her.

Every time I was home, she was inside with me. Please do not think that I left her chained out! She enjoyed the time outside when I was at work so I didn't feel guilty leaving her out there during this time.

This is my best friend, My child, the one I came home to at night. She is very important to me and I hope to find her soon.

#233 ·
Let me say that the only time she was on a chain is when I was at work. She had seperation anxiety when I'd be gone my long hours at work and would tear up the house! She'd jump through windows, chewed through her metal crate, this was my ONLY option when I was gone.

I hate when folks suspect that I just left her outside because of some of the pics I had taken of her.

Every time I was home, she was inside with me. Please do not think that I left her chained out! She enjoyed the time outside when I was at work so I didn't feel guilty leaving her out there during this time.

This is my best friend, My child, the one I came home to at night. She is very important to me and I hope to find her soon.
did she ever come home ?

#8 ·
I'm not sure! I'd like to hope not, but I really can't say...they are a odd bunch and it's sad because they have dogs themselves, but some people are crazy and you can't put anything past them. It's just hard for me to confront them about it, how do you go about doing such a thing...and I doubt they would say regardless.

And then when she returned I'd feel way guilty...but I just don't know.

Only sightings were that morning by other neighbors, not just the ones that could have harmed her. One neighbor that she often goes to because she has two dogs she likes to play with, said she tried to get her in the barn but as soon as she saw her she bolted. That's why I have hope that the other neighbors didn't hurt her. I doubt she would have went up to them, but if she was in their yard it's hard to tell.

When she'd get loose while I was at work, she'd run until she tired and then would return home and wait on me. I guess the wolf in her made her want to run
but she's always returned.

Sad thing is I just moved here in December...but it's only 5 mins from my old house and I have family in that neighborhood and they've been looking for her, of course I've searched for her time and time again there and have a renter in that house, so they've been watching. And have hung fliers up in the town.

I just really hope she's ok. If someone does have her, I believe that she'll eventually escape and find her way home.

I had just started to train her better on the leash and wanted to get her where I could let her off and go hiking...teaching her that I would love for her to run, but she just needed to stay in eyesight with me.

Little story about her:
I had rescued her back in Oct 07 from petfinder.com. When my X left he took his blk German Shep with him and she was basically mine as well because he just got her before we met and we lived together for 3 years, so I went online to find another blk German Shepherd. Didn't find one at first so searched a few weeks later and found her. Her name was China, which is actually my nickname...so I called about her. She was in Lorain, OH which is about 2.5 hours from where I live and asked if I could adopt her. Laurie from Canine Corner said to come and see her and if she likes you then she's yours...she said she was part wolf as well and I was surprised. She said she didn't know how old exactly she was but she had been dropped off by people who finally caught her at the factory they worked at, she had been there for 8 mths now. I had always wanted a wolfdog but didn't know if I could handle one. Laurie said that's why most people want her and I explained about my X and that I wanted her because of the German Shpeherd...well my friend and I drove up on a Saturday and when we got there Laurie went back and got China.

Right away she came up to me and seemed like she liked me and of course it was instant love for me. We hung out for awhile and Laurie couldn't believe how well she took to me. I've actually stayed in contact with Laurie by sending updates and pics since I've had her. I hated emailing her telling her that she is missing. Teared me up on the last email she's sent me telling me how China didn't take to everybody and when I came up there it was like China knew and had know me all her life.

Of course I adopted her and she went home with me. I tried to call her China at first, but it wasn't working...it was hard calling a dog a name that all my friends called me

We had lot of trials and errors, but there was no way I was giving up on her, she just needed to learn that I was there to love her. I tried to crate her while at work and that didn't work because I soon discovered she had seperation anxiety. She actually bent the metal on the crate and escaped. So I tried letting her roam freely in the house when I was at work, that didn't work either because she jumped through a few windows...so that's when I found a box and put her outside while I was gone. She didn't seem to mind it at all, it was like she wanted to be outside being a watchdog while I was gone, plus all the fresh air that she was getting
She was always inside with me when I was home and over the past 6 months I had been able to leave her inside when I'd go away for only a few hours.

She is such a smart dog and I only hope that sometime soon I'll pull into my driveway and she'll be laying in the yard just waiting on me to get home. I've always loved animals and have a cat and another dog at home. But I will say I've never been so attached to one like I have her. I think it's because she has been there for me in a rough time in my life and it was like we were both helping each other out. So yeah, sorry so long, but I wanted to share. At times I feel like a bad parent because I rescued her and now she's missing! I told Laurie the lady I adopted her off of that I would visit her when I was in the area, I have yet to be back up that way with her, but when I do find her, she's definitely getting a visit soon after.

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and help through all of this, it really means a lot!

#14 ·
Hello,

We are in Zanesville (West side) & I have seen your plead on Craigslist, We Luv Pets, etc.............. I feel so bad for you & sure hope you find your girl. I always watch for loose dogs. I haven't seen any sign of yours or any running thank goodness.

She sure is a sweetie & hope you find her soon. Breaks my heart.

~Best of Luck~

#16 ·
LuvourGSs:
Much appreciated. I just can't believe how she disappeared. It's all to weird. Every other time she became her great houdini she always returned when she tired of her run...that's why I don't know why she hasn't this time! I've been trying everything I can think of that's for sure and I just can't give up on her, she's too important to me...I just hope soon I can post here and tell everyone I have found her!

VinsMom:
Thanks! I'm rootin for you as well! It's unbelievable that people like us that search, search & search cannot find their best friend, but we have folks in our world that drop dogs off or don't give a hoot if their dog runs away and never comes back. It breaks my heart to realize what kind of world we live in some days. But I'm glad that there are people in the world that care too! I've had so many folks email me with pics that may be my dog and what not, it means so much that there are people out there that are truly dog lovers and do know what "Just a dog" really is! Take care and best of luck!

#18 ·
I know this girl is probably not yours because she is so far away from your location (and the face shape looks a bit different), but it's so unusual to see a black shepherd with a white chest:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13549310

Best of luck in finding your girl (and to Jenna for finding Vinnie as well).

#19 ·
Very true statement, China... This site has some amazing people on it... And we have come across some very kind people...
Sean and I have had this overwelling urge to adopt and save every animal out there through this experience... We never thought it would happen to us and we never thought it would hurt this bad... I'll keep my eyes open for your girl here in PA
Maybe she and Vinnie are meeting up to play... no puppies though, he's not capable

Thanks again to everyone... This has been a great place to come and vent, admire the pics of your beautiful pets and appreciate the kindness everyone here puts out. Thanks!

#20 ·
Man! I really can't tell. I'm at work right now and called the place and he said he doesn't think she's spayed. CC is...but I feel like leaving work and getting up there to see...trying to find someone that lives closer, the white patch looks more white but the pictures are so dark...looks almost like her...IDK!

Thanks for keepin your fingers crossed, I will do the same thing! And CC is spayed too, so they definitely won't be puppying it up haha!

#22 ·
I left a msg today when I saw it! TY!!! I started to drive towards Youngstown but ended up turning around after 20 mins because the pound closes at 4:30 and I would have been cutting it way too close and would have been upset to drive 2.5 hours and it be closed! Friends of mine on facebook don't believe it's her...

If it's not her, I'm honestly thinking about adopting her...but is that crazy because she looks so similar to CC?

#24 ·
Would you consider her ( if you did not know) half gs and half husky? There is an ad under Wheeling CL ,for a found female,they says appears half gs/husky.I dont know just trying to help.

#25 ·
Was she wearing any type of collar when she disappeared?
black dog deceased on side of road (Doylestown/Rittman)Date: 2009-03-29,
In case someone is looking for him/her, I saw a dead dog this afternoon on the side of Rte 585. It is on a corner, between Rte 94 and Gates/Eastern Rd, on the north (toward Wadsworth) side of state Rte 585. It was mostly black, and appeared to have a little white on the chest. Medium size. It had a collar - I couldn't tell if it had tags. The collar appeared to be silver metal, but I'm not certain about that. It appears to have died recently - probably today or yesterday. ***Not sure if you had seen this.....

#26 ·
I emailed the WV one, but it wasn't her and someone had already claimed it.

I did leave my house at 6:00 AM this morning to go to Youngstown to check and see about "Raven". Got there at 9:00 AM and it wasn't her, I didn't get her out of the cage cause I knew instantly that it wasn't CC and I was a little upset...I had hopes it would be, but actually knew it wasn't before going there...but I would have always wondered if I wouldn't have made it up there...

The search continues...

Thanks everyone for helping out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.