German Shepherds Forum banner

NE Pa Vinnie Male GSD LOST

15K views 141 replies 30 participants last post by  staxi2 
#1 ·

Date: Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Subject:
To: Jenna Wayne <jw1704@gmail.com>

Please help find our missing child.
He has been missing since February 15th, 2009.
He was last seen off of Cortez Road in Lake Ariel, Wayne County.
He was last wearing his red collar.
He is microchipped.
We are offering a $500 reward for his return home.
Please forward this to EVERYONE in your address book.
Even if you don't think you would ever see him in a million years.
We had a lady call us and say he couldn't believe she needed our number. She said that she never thought she would have seen this dog that was missing. But she did.
Thank you for your help,
Jenna and Sean

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi everyone. No still no Vinnie. We are still looking into that lead that someone might have him but have other leads that we are following as well. We got a call from a lady who had a sighting months ago. She gave a color description that matched Vinnie and will call again if she sees him. Sean has been asking people to take a digital picture of the dogs they see and that has been helpful in weeding out leads.
We recently (Friday) adopted an AmStaff. Gigi is 9 months old and needed a new home with a big yard and lots of love. So we took her in and she has adjusted very well. The adoption as made us more motivated to bring Vinnie home. We think they would make great siblings and friends. Vinnie would be a great teacher for Gigi as well. I told Gigi her first night here that it was okay if she missed her family cuz we still missed our Vinnie.

The companionship these animals give us is undescribable.

#7 ·
I'm sorry that you still haven't found Vinnie, but glad to hear that you have a new companion to help ease the loneliness. Thank you for rescuing this little girl. I'm glad you haven't given up hope on finding Vinnie. Sometimes dogs have been found long after they were lost. Hang in there.

#8 ·
Thanks Karin. We knew getting into the search that there was the chance that he could be gone for a long time. We heard so many great stories about people finding their dogs after 6, 9, 15 months, even up to 9 years!!! Vinnie has been gone for 3 months. There's still lots of hope.

Have we heard anything from China in Ohio?

#9 ·
Still searching myself :*( Funny thing is, I ended up adopting a little guy from my local shelter in Muskingum County, went in one day to make sure CC wasn't there before going to adopt Casen at Franklin County and actually fell in love with a dog there...glad I went ahead and got him because Casen was adopted the same day!

I miss my CC very much and like you, I'm hoping she comes back soon so that little Abbott will have someone to rough house it with because my 13 year old isn't having much of it

#16 ·
She is so cute! almost looks like she has some Frenchie in her
funny how so many pitties do that sloppy sit ...

Prayers that Vinnie is doing great & you are reunited soon

oops
sorry I used the P word instead of the Am staff (my friend had an AS cross & I should do better)

#19 ·
Alto- no problem... its hard to find info the internet about the breed... they are so similar with pits... We want to get her a shirt and our friend's American Pitbull shirts that say "Pitbulls are mean". They are the sweetest dogs, just like our Vinnie. It would be hilarious to see the two of them walking around in those shirts!

#22 ·
An Update for everyone... Vinnie or a GSD fitting his description has been seem frequently for the last 3 weeks in a new construction development. Sean has been in contact every other day with callers saying the dog looked at them when they called his name, would roll and play in the grass, but when they would go near him, he would run off. I FINALLY got a call back from Dog Warden Jim Rickert and he is dropping off a humane trap tomorrow for us to use. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

#24 ·
Oh, I so hope it is your Vinnie! I have kept going back looking at his picture as he looks like such a special boy. I had emailed some folks I know as we attend a camp event every summer in NE PA.
I think it is a little ways from you. (Do you know Lakewood near Lake Como?) I was thinking maybe some of the camps have caretakers that stay the Winter or live near/on the premises and might take in a stray. So folks have been on the lookout there but no luck so far.

Do you think someone living near the construction has claimed Vinnie for their own? If he is running loose I guess they are not trying to hide him, anyway, if it is Vinnie.

OK. Everyone say it with me...VINNIE, GO HOME!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.