German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from Columbia, SC

726 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  texxas guy 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd drop in here to introduce myself. My wife and I recently lost our chocolate lab, Gibson, of 13 years. He was my 16th birthday present from my parents when he was just 8 weeks, so he was with me a big portion of my life.

After some research, we have decided to adopt a GSD that will be ready for us the weekend of July 22nd. We have been devouring all the information we can find, articles, books, etc., as it's been a while since we've done the puppy thing.

Look forward to getting involved in the forum and whatever more information we can learn!

#3 ·
Haha me and my wife went through the same faze when we got RUKA she is now 10 weeks old and spoiled rotten she is a bit on the stubburn side she is now getting better to basic training, and house breaking we did a lot of research and reading, now she is a big portion of our lives hope to see pics when the time comes. and a warm welcome to the new addition

#7 ·
pup won't be ready till weekend of July 22 -- that means the pups are around 4 weeks of age
pup has probably been reserved for you before this -- A pup - okay , but too young to have chosen a specific pup .

did you choose ? or has breeder recommended one?

good time to look at pup and breeder --- just in case

easier to walk away before you are too attached or invested

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.