German Shepherds Forum banner

Meet Layla and Lincoln

570 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  LaylaGSD 
#1 ·
Layla is a pure bread female german shepherd who is currently 9 months old. And the little puppy is Lincoln, he happens to be a coonhound/german shepherd mix who will be 4 months next week! They are best friends and love doing everything together. However, Layla just got spayed a few days ago so unfortunately they haven't really been able to play together. I would like to know also if you guys think Layla is a bit too thin, she currently weighs 52 pounds but she just looks really small compared to all the other female german shepherds that go to our dog park. She is a very picky eater and does not really like kibble at all, no matter the brand so we have started mixing in a raw diet. I'm glad to finally have an account and being able to interact with everyone!

#3 ·
You need to have a few more posts in order to post pictures, due to major issues we've had with spammers. :)

But at 9 months old, 52 pounds isn't out of line. The adult weigh range for a female according to the German standard varies from about 48-70-1/2 pounds (converted from kgs). My 8 year old girl is about 55 pounds.

#5 ·
Aww, they are so sweet!

Layla looks fine - not too thin at all. 55lb for a female working line is not unusual at all, and within standard. Most people think that GSDs are supposed to be huge, and breed them to be huge, but GSDs are really meant to be a medium sized dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.