German Shepherds Forum banner

Hi, We are new here!

648 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Deb 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum!
My name is Shelby and I am the proud owner of a beautiful WGSD names Shiro. He is the light of my life and I love him more than I can express. He is my very first GSD!

Shiro was the pick of his litter from a kennel about two hours away from home. He was already adopted by the went to the kennel. We had our eye on another puppy from another litter anyways. We were there about to pick out our new puppy when his first owner walked back into the adoption area with him and as we were sitting there we heard him talking to I assume his wife, about how this dog wasn't worth the trouble, that his prey drive was just too high, and that he would never be a good protection dog...blah blah blah. Shiro (named Ajax at the time.) was about 12 weeks old at this time. So the kennel refunded him his money and took Shiro to the back. Me and my husband saw the pain in Shiro's eyes as he was taken away from him family. We knew right then and there that we wanted him. We signed all his papers and walked out with the love of our lives.

The night we brought him home was rough. He cried and yelped all night long. But we fought through it. Shiro is the best dog we could have ever asked for. His previous owners had it right though, he will never be a good protection dog because he has a heart of gold and rather attack you with kisses then aggression. He is a big goober and we wouldn't trade him for the world.

We look forward to a life full of puppy love.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
We tried to send him to a personal protection class at 5 months old and the trainer said he was way to "mellow". He did catch on to some things. When they tried to get him on the bite sleeve he would grab them and let go and roll over so you could rub his belly. He is a big goober! But we have a small Dachshund that is our protection dog! (or that thinks she is) >.< lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.