German Shepherds Forum banner

648 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  LuvShepherds 
#1 ·
Hi all, newbie here. I came across this forum in search of answers. Our almost 11 years old Maverick has been diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma. We are devastated and looking for answers, support, suggestions. We love him dearly and want only the best for him, as you all know. Thank you!
D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Dawn,

I also have a dog diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma. Traveler is 10.5 years old. First, I will tell you that he was diagnosed over a year ago and he is still with us. It is devastating news and my heart goes out to you.

Here are a couple of things that I've done for Traveler that may be of help to Maverick. I am not a vet or tech or anything other than another owner so you will have to do some research and see what fits and what doesn't.

1. Buy Yunnan Baiyao immediately. I started that immediately. It is a Chinese herb that purportedly stops internal bleeding. Traveler has spleen tumors and did bleed internally but with this and prayer, he not only survived the experience but 10 minutes later you would never had known he had any problem.
I pulse 1-2 caps per day for 5 -6 days then a few days without.
2. Mushroom supplements. I buy the liquid mushroom supplements. Turkey Tail, Maitake, and Reishe. One dropper full once a day. I am using the I'm-Yunity brand of turkey tail. Be sure to get the real stuff not some watered down wanna be.
3. I pulse 1-2 caps of Apocaps as described above.
3. I feed Traveler raw at night and add a veggie mash of greens (kale, collard, broccoli, etc.)acorn squash and carrots. Has to be either simmered or raw but if raw, has to be in mini pieces or their gut cannot process.
4. Bone broth. He gets that on his morning Orijen. Search this site for some recipies but the idea is to simmer raw bones with a bit of vinegar for 12+ hours until the bones have released their minerals and marrow and such. Be sure to filter out the bones and let cool. You do not feed the bones!
5. My meat market allows me to purchase their saw shavings. This is all the leftover saw dust from cutting meat all day. It has minuscule bits of bone, marrow, & meat. I make little balls out of it and freeze them. If my raw meal doesn't have enough bone, I give 2-3 of these.

I am sure others can speak more about vitimin supplements and such but Traveler will only take so many pills so I have to rotate them in only once or twice a week.

Oh, I also told Traveler face to face that he couldn't leave me. I guess he heard me.

Let me know if something isn't clear. Sending prayers

#4 ·
I am so sorry. Ive lost two dogs to tumors that we did not know were there until it was to late. No advice but many on here have fought and dealt with this evil disease. My thoughts and prayers are w/ you and Maverick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.