German Shepherds Forum banner

New Pup, and new to the breed!

2K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  cherub737 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm Nicole and I'm the proud new owner of Apollo, an eight week old GSD pup :) I'm pretty new to the breed, but not so much to puppies. I can't wait to start learning more about this amazing breed from experienced owners. Here's a picture of him, we are starting to feed him Taste of the Wild, puppy formula and right now just sort of letting him get comfortable in the house!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome!!! He is a super handsome pup!! Take lots of pictures! They grow up fast!

#4 ·
Thank you! :) He is super handsome, we are so in love. So far he's been such a little potato though so I'm waiting patiently for the real puppy action to start haha
We'll remind you of this statement in a few weeks when you are back and complaining that your land shark won't stop biting you lol

He is gorgeous! Welcome!

#9 ·
Congratulations on your new bundle of fluff and the best animal companion!! (Potential bias here...) ;)
Enjoy every second, every day, every night waking up for potty breaks!!! It goes by sooo fast.
I will never get tired of puppy pictures... <3 Keep them coming!

#13 ·
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming! :) We've been working on crate training but... unfortunately the crate that we bought didn't have a divider like I thought it did --- however, things aren't going too badly considering. He's had an accident overnight but that's all for now and whines in the beginning but stops so hopefully we can make this work! I'll post more pictures today, or tomorrow for sure :)

#14 ·
I have put a large enough box at the back of a crate that didnt have a divider so the crate isnt too big. I have also used a larger crate on purpose to put a litter box in the back of when I couldnt be home to let the pup out.

#19 ·
I remember those early stages with some fondness. Our crate we would put her in at night was also too big with no divider and if I forgot to get up for a check in the night for her i would find her sitting in her own pee not in the dry part of the crate??. Not good for a long haired GSD. As to growing here is 8 weeks to 7 months. With her unusual colour she is the talk of our village and wonderful with other dogs and children.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.