German Shepherds Forum banner

GsdXlab mix owner

691 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  lalabug 
#1 ·
Hello wanted a gsd but ended up with a gsd mix. Her name is Gigi.she has been with us from 8 weeks . Started training at 16 weeks . Very dominant personality with a prey drive , she was tough with the mouthing . She is 10 months and spayed and is turning the corner .

Anyway I did browse the site here a bit as I thought she more of a lab till i realized she is build like a short hair gsd and got the ears and chocolate color from the lab side. she had most of the issues similar to gsd. I would look on solutions. She has high protection drive of family/property unlike a lab even with a heavy socialization.

Any with a mix it is a crap shoot but she is perfect for me.

I joined as my older neighbours have a pair of gsd and a black brindle Dutch shepard which papers indicate k9 import. Parents they got for free from a cop. They want me to work with her as her drive is off the wall and I am interested as obviously Gigi lacks the drive.
Anyway wanted to say hello.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello and welcome! It is illegal to not post photos around here. I have a GSD/Doberman mix and I imagine a mix with a lab is a fine dog as well. When you have a cross it is interesting to observe differing mannerisms and behaviors from each breed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.