German Shepherds Forum banner

Introduction Post

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  LuvShepherds 
#1 ·
Hello folks. I just want to say that I love this web site. Some of my fondest memories I have is when I was a young boy spending time with my German Shepherd. But like pups turn into dogs so that young boy turned into a grown man trying to help my wife raise our kids and get them grown. I never realized that I said it all the time but my youngest son told me I would always say that I wanted a German Shepherd for ME. FF years and all my kids are gone, the the plant I had worked for 33 years is shut down. Old with an empty nest and unemployed. I got that German Shepherd and we became fast friends. Then I got a job 200 miles from home. Took my new best friend with me. We lived in a camper on the river. The bonding is impossible to explane but those days went from being the worst days of my life to almost the best and it was because of a GSD. My best friend recently died and shortly afterwards I found this site and read many posts where people really felt the same pain that I did over their GSD loss. Thanks for all the tender hearts out there. You guys helped. Im soon to be getting a full brother to my previous GSD. Thanks everybody for your posts, I love em all!

#2 ·
What a sweet story.Your new pup will have some big shoes to fill for sure.I'm glad some of stories here brought you comfort.Welcome!We'd love pictures when you get time:)

Reactions: Shooter
#12 ·
a big welcome to you .

You know what ?

I sure would want you to contribute more youtubes once you get your pup and add commentary to it.

There are two things , one which your dog had , and one which you have , that are so hard to find.

Loyalty. and good-sense.

I am going to put your introduction to this thread http://www.germanshepherds.com/foru...ethinking-popular-early-socialization-22.html

love what you said in another post of yours "So I guess I would like to go with what I know and just invest myself and time. "

Yes !

#16 ·
He was the brusier of the litter. I wanted him I just couldn't understand why 1st pick didn't get him. They may have been thinking of feed bill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.