German Shepherds Forum banner

New to GSD Forum

535 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Puppiluv 
#1 ·
Been reading and enjoying the Forum for a while but, this is my first post.
I feel like I'm among family when I log in.
GSD's have been part of my family for 30 years. Can't imagine life w/o one.
Nice to be among others w similar loyalties.
This time last year, I lost my companion of 12 years to complications resulting from a snake bite. Saying goodbye was a horrible thing. Life was empty without Eli. In January, we got two GSD puppies Roxy and JJ. I adore both of them but, must have pudding for brains getting two pups at the same time. Oh my!!
The girls will be 10 months old next week. I am exhausted and enjoying every minute w them. I would appreciate input on a few behavioral observations specifically concerning Roxy. She jogs around the yard non stop like she is on a mission. She appears to be hunting, probably for bugs. It doesn't matter how hot it is she jogs. Very high energy and somewhat aloof which is weird because, she won't let me out of her sight. My husband thinks she has a screw loose! I'm hoping she calms down w age.

#6 ·
Sorry about your lose. I can understand having pudding for brains when you see those adorable pups.

My boy is almost three and pretty big. He knows how to conserve energy until he needs to use it. My gal, who is petite and just over one, runs circles around the yard. She loves loves loves to run. I expect that when she is close to three years old, she'll slow down a bit and then I'll miss watching her run for the shear joy of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.