German Shepherds Forum banner

OMG It's been four years since Ive posted....

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Cameo 
#1 ·
I has to rehome my dogs as I lost my home and couldn't afford another place, no idea when I could afford another place or where I was going. Lately I have been missing her something awful........but I gave her back to my breeder and I know she is in the best home possible. But my though process brought me back here with the need to at least talk to others with GSD's

#5 ·
Welcome back.
We can ogle everyone else's gsd's together.

I lost my girl at the ripe old age of 15, but decided my home and lifestyle did not fit another working line gsd, so I got myself a crazy border-collie+street dog combo--like that makes any sense ;-)

It must be very hard to lose your dog in that way, knowing they are out there, so close but so far. I can't even imagine.

Have you ever checked in with your former dogs, or is that just way too difficult? I have 2 young adopted cats, and occassionaly have been asked for updates, and love to give good news, but it must be bitter-sweet on the other end.

Are you considering more dogs now or just dreaming?

To get my most recent gsd fix I went out to observe a schutzhund/ipo practice.

#6 ·
I could find out.......but it's like opening up an old wound actually. I know she's in a good home. I had her for 8 years, I don't think it fair to go in and out of her life and I don't believe dogs forget people.

If I ever get back into a position to get another dog it would be a gsd. My first gsd was a rescue from a shelter....I went to bring home a small dog and fell instantly in love with a five month old gsd and brought her home. She was the most awesomest dog! She loved our family, I could trust her to stay with the kids when they went out on the trails, she fetched sticks in the water for everyones fun, kids used to knock on my door for my dog to come out and play. She was the dog who inspired my aunt to get a dog and they were so happy they did. She was 13 when her back end went to displaysia and I had to put her down. I lasted three months before I got another gsd and I had her for 8 years.

It's ok. It's life, not always easy. But I miss my puppers

#9 ·
HI Cameo Welcome back! I am so sorry you had to give your girl back to the breeder but that is what makes you a great dog parent. Sounds like a rough road you have been on.

Reactions: islanddog
#10 ·
Thank you for saying that! I felt like a piece of dirt to be honest.......like I failed. But it is what I had to do.
I didn't think of going to a dog show.......that's a good thought :)
Thank you all for the kind welcome too. I'll keep hope that there's another GSD in my future

Attachments

#11 ·
Oh my, what a heart-breaker. Beautiful. But yes, you should be proud, you did the right thing, you made some people very happy (new owners) and she will be very happy too. Dogs not only adjust, but thrive with new people that meet their needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.