German Shepherds Forum banner

reReREIntroducing Myself

559 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Malachi'sMama 
#1 ·
Hey All!

Wanted to take a quick moment to say hello to all the oldies (but greaties) and allllll the newcomers, juniors, and so on and on. HI! :)

Haven't been on since September...and while I've been a less than conistent poster here, this forum is near and dear to my heart.

I really began posting back in 2013 when I rescued my Malachi from a neglectful, abusive (I surmise) situation. He was ridden w heartworms and so began my journey to get him healthy and let him know not all people are bad. I managed to get his treatment done, received TONS of great input and suggestions from you guys along the way and for a time..things were great.

Malachi passed away in January of this year. While I've never gotten a true definitive answer as to what happened, the opinion of my vet is that he was poisioned. I'm fairly positive my former neighbor is to blame. Won't get into that. He was literally fine one moment...out running amuck in the backyard and within the hour he was hardly responsive. By the time I loaded him into the car and got him to the vet he was barely breathing. Eyes fixed. In 20min of him being back in the emergency area of the vets, he had gone into cardiac arrest twice. They were able to bring him back the first time. Not the second. I was devastated and completely unprepared. Went home confused, feeling hollow, and in shock....there's just no preparing for that.

I've grieved and missed him horribly every day. So have my children. But as one door is closed, another always inevitably opens. I have the opportunity to rescue another beautiful GSD. This will be my first female ever. Her name is Sasha and she joins my family this Thursday. Apparently she has moved around a lot and had a litter of pups a few months ago. She is the lovely lady in my avatar photo. I'm very excited and looking forward to this new chapter w a renewed vigor.

Guess this has turned into more than just an introduction...but I'm sure some of you have been going 'who the heck is this person commenting?!' Haha.

Looking forward to rejoining the forum, reconnecting w the 'elders', and making new friends!! ;) :)

Leah

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back!

I am sorry about your loss, I am sure it was a painful and devastating experience. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories and maybe you can post some pictures in the near future. Congratulations on your rescue, it is nice to love another again I am sure. Would love to see more pictures of her as well. I look forward to reading your future posts.

#5 ·
Thank you, Laura...tons of wonderful memories. I'd like to think he at least knew he was loved tremendously as he crossed over. And while I'm terrible at photography, I'm going to make a sincere effort to post more photos in the future!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Laura66
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.