German Shepherds Forum banner

hello

515 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Malachi'sMama 
#1 ·
Already have a two year old GSD. Time to get another one. I've owned other dogs over the last 20 years. Both GSD and Rottweiler's. My parents also have Rottweiler's. This time I'm thinking of going rescue and want another GSD. Rottweiler's have nose dived in popularity here in Canada and the U.S. No good breeders left in the U.S. and I don't want to import from Europe. Too easy for them to lie about health certs, even pedigree. More options in GSD, but would rather find a good rescue over going the breeder route. I'm hoping to meet rescue people here and maybe meet or learn about working line breeders.

While not protection trained. I do obedience training. Main purpose for big dogs, is crime deterrence. We have gun control, doesn't mean I can't get one here. Just the good home defense is a lot of hoops and you give up rights to have it. Dogs are just easier. Example, just last week had a car at my inner yard gate trying to open it. Met with going nuts barking GSD. Followed by owner taking full control over dog in seconds. Well it leaves the impression its a dog not to be messed with. The guy said looking for friends place. But at 12:30 at night, you could be looking to rob me. Main reason for the dogs, you pull a gun, you pretty much need to use it. Good dog and it sends the same message. People showing up at my gate happens several times per year. So I need security.

I also like having them around as "kids" :grin2:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.