German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   New member from Florida (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/483642-new-member-florida.html)

Nero's Maximus 08-28-2014 10:00 AM

New member from Florida

Hi, new member to this forum from Florida. Have an 80 lb. black 8 month old male pup. While we have rescued all of our other dogs from pounds and human societies this is my first GSD. I am loving and enjoying this boy so much! Take a look at some of his photos in the Photo Gallery under Nero's Maximus.

Ace GSD 08-28-2014 10:04 AM

so handsome ! But to make a boy wear pink is cruelty (JK):D i saved my from my GF cause she almost bought him pink leash and harness. Did you just get him recently ? congrats Nero is handsome

Nero's Maximus 08-28-2014 10:11 AM

Hi Ace. Thanks for the complement. Actually all of his harness' are red; my favorite color and looks good on black too! :) I got him at 10 weeks back in February so I have had him for a few months.

DTS 08-28-2014 10:20 AM

Welcome from jacksonville!! :)

Ace GSD 08-28-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nero's Maximus (Post 5954882)
Hi Ace. Thanks for the complement. Actually all of his harness' are red; my favorite color and looks good on black too! :) I got him at 10 weeks back in February so I have had him for a few months.

My GF calls me color blind all the time i guess she is right lol

Nero's Maximus 08-28-2014 10:35 AM

Thanks DTS.

Nero's Maximus 08-28-2014 10:40 AM

Photo color can be off too sometimes.

Funny because his breeder had different color collars for all the puppies to start to identify them. His was "medium blue" so they called him Blue. He had a solid black sister whose collar was pink and of course she was called Pink. I almost bought his other sister who was mostly black with a little brown on her legs as she was called Ruby as she wore the "red" collar.

wyoung2153 08-28-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace GSD (Post 5954930)
My GF calls me color blind all the time i guess she is right lol

This made me laugh out loud.. I was looking at the pictures going.. what is he talking about??? THAT IS RED!!! Only because my BF and I just got into an argument over whether his tooth brush was purple or blue.. :rolleyes: brought me back to that moment I suppose! :p

I digress, OP, your dog is beautiful!! I am starting to really love the look of a black GSD.. I am think that will be the next GSD I'll look for (won't be for years though). Welcome, also from Florida!! :wild:

Shade 08-28-2014 10:46 AM

:welcome: Very handsome pup :wub:

Nero's Maximus 08-28-2014 10:55 AM

Thanks wyoung and Shade.

I am new to the breed and while a family friend had a white GSD years ago I have really only been familiar with the tan and black saddle GSD's. When the opportunity to buy this pup came up I started doing some reading and research, not only on the breed and his pedigree, but all about the colors too.