German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   probs with the new puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/469729-probs-new-puppy.html)

steve-sh 07-11-2014 07:05 PM

probs with the new puppy

i got my puppy last week, shes been really sweet and calm the only upset was that she eats anything and everything. from her food to my other dog and cat food, paper, bags....

these past two days im thinking she needs an exorcism lol
shes been very and i mean very hyper all day and night, biting everything in her way including me and the cat and dog and trying to hump her.

anything on the ground will end up in her mouth and its driving me crazy, today i went back home to find her nipping the dinner table

any help plz in all the above
thx :)
PS: shes 1.5 month

llombardo 07-11-2014 08:40 PM

Get her some Nyla bones or a kong or something along those lines. When she is chewing stuff she isn't suppose to replace with the right stuff. Exercise her so she isn't bored. They require mental and physical exercise.

gsdsar 07-11-2014 08:43 PM

She is 6 weeks old?

She should never be unsupervised at this age. Get a crate with safe things for her to chew. This is the age when pups are learning, from litter mates, appropriate bit inhibition.

Search the forum for threads on bite inhibition.

When she is out, tether her to you so she can't get to something she shouldn't.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

steve-sh 07-11-2014 08:45 PM

im always always following her just sometimes she sneaks behind my back lol

and yeah im reading about the biting thread thx :)
i prefer not to crate her :$

qbchottu 07-11-2014 08:49 PM

You have a puppy that is too young to leave her litter mates. You are already at a disadvantage because you have to make up for a crucial three weeks that she missed out on. On top of that, do not cripple yourself by refusing to crate train. Look up threads on bite inhibition training, how to socialize, how to keep the puppy safe because she is too young to be out and about with no shots, how to potty train, how to teach her to self soothe, and so on. Crate training is not cruel. You are doing a disservice to your puppy by not opening your mind to tried and true training techniques. Read about the breed, spend time on the forum, and read about how to raise a healthy happy pup.

Good luck to you

qbchottu 07-11-2014 08:53 PM

I see you are in Lebanon. Get her goat knuckle bones, lamb heads, and chicken drumsticks to chew on. Play with her several times daily. Get her used to physical contact - massage her, pet her, hug her. Be sure to get her on a proper shot schedule. After her shots, she can start to go outside and meet new people. Be consistent and firm, but fair.

Crate training will help you and her with setting proper boundaries and helping her learn to settle when needed.

lawmarshall 07-11-2014 08:55 PM

hi.. you need to crate train your dog... put in some kongs or nylabones. you must always be able to supervise when your dog is out.. get an expen as well.

good luck

steve-sh 07-11-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbchottu (Post 5764650)
I see you are in Lebanon. Get her goat knuckle bones, lamb heads, and chicken drumsticks to chew on. Play with her several times daily. Get her used to physical contact - massage her, pet her, hug her. Be sure to get her on a proper shot schedule. After her shots, she can start to go outside and meet new people. Be consistent and firm, but fair.

Crate training will help you and her with setting proper boundaries and helping her learn to settle when needed.

she can eat that?i read alot of infos online saying that its too soon for her age

-Trooper- 07-12-2014 10:45 AM

Puppies need crates

Sunflowers 07-12-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-sh (Post 5764762)
she can eat that?i read alot of infos online saying that its too soon for her age

Listen to QBChottu.
she knows what she is talking about.

About - NADAR K9