German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Hello from Massachusetts :) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/463161-hello-massachusetts.html)

spiascik 06-22-2014 05:16 PM

Hello from Massachusetts :)

I am not new to the breed, and neither is my love for them. Currently I have a three year old female named Isabelle that weighs in at 90 lbs. She is wonderful. We have a mini aussie as well that was rescued from a poor situation. Now just a couple of weeks ago we took in a GSD/husky mix. He just turned six months old on the 20th, and weighs in at 40 lbs. I am curious based on this just how big he might get...... knowing that it is difficult having never met his parents and being a mix as well.

spiascik 06-22-2014 07:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I think I've figured out how to add pictures so here goes..... the first one is Zeus , our six month old GSD/ husky. The second is of three year old Isabelle. They both have a fondness for water. The third is Isabelle with Harley.

A little bit about myself. I am attending Becker College in Massachusetts for Veterinary technology and animal care. Currently I am doing my externships at both a Veterinary clinic and a shelter. Looks like I might be doing an indpendent study class over summer too.

Back in NY, where I live when I'm not in school I have two horses. My older boy has trouble trailering so my parents offered to watch over them while I finish school rather than put him through the stress of readjusting for the next year. We also have a miniature australian shepherd Harley who has been with us for a year. Poor guy came from a home that had well over 20 dogs. He spent days tied up outside unless they wanted to use him for breeding. When we went to look at him his metal water bucket was so rusted that all of his water was yellow. We took him with us, and when we took him to the Vet, found out that he had whipworm. He was also very malnourished, and didn't understand the concept of playing with toys. A year later, he is in perfect health and will play!

Zeus came to us a couple of weeks ago from a guy that obviously didn't consider the time, effort, and discipline that goes with getting a puppy. Zeus is now working on his manners including but not limited to not counter surfing, or being afraid of strangers. He is doing wonderfully so far. :)

SunCzarina 06-22-2014 08:07 PM

Welcome to the board. I'm in RI but have family all over mass.

Nikitta 06-22-2014 08:09 PM

welcome

spiascik 06-22-2014 08:10 PM

Thank you. :) I'm actually from the Syracuse area of NY, but Becker has been great to me.

lauren43 06-22-2014 09:10 PM

Welcome from a fellow Syracuse NYer!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

spiascik 06-23-2014 09:34 PM

Thank you :) I'll be back home to the Syracuse area after I finish my last year at Becker. There are a couple of clinics that I may be working at. However, if I can start up a day care/ training facility I certainly will do that.

Zeus and I worked on his loose lease training today outside in the front yard. h e got a little anxious but overall did pretty well. I've still got my work cut out for me with this guy. He was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted since the guy that owned him picked him up at six weeks of age until a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes I feel like I'm overwhelming him with rules but he needs to know the difference between right and wrong.....

Currently he is sleeping on the floor beside the couch upside down. So sweet :)