German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Greetings from a lucky Shepherd owner (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/460002-greetings-lucky-shepherd-owner.html)

angelocos 06-13-2014 03:17 AM

Greetings from a lucky Shepherd owner

I'm excited to spend time in this forum.

I adopted a German Shepherd almost a year ago. He was a street dog. Not sure of his age. he had been scavenging for a a while so his front bottom teeth are ground down. Also, he had advanced heart worm...and arthritis in his hips.

I named is Ulysses (after the Greek story) he was skin and bones when I got him and beyond stressed out. I've helped nurse him back to health and he's doing great. Heart worm is gone and his muscles are back.

It's my first Shepherd and I will never want another dog. He's more than I could ever wish for. He's always by my side and is 100% loyal.

I'm here to learn more about the breed for I am a novice.

I'm very fortunate to have him. Thanks for having me aboard.

Ellimaybel 06-13-2014 03:48 AM

Welcome to you and Ulysses! Bless you for saving him :)

angelocos 06-13-2014 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellimaybel (Post 5637162)

Thank you so much. Soon as I can figure out how to load pics, I'll put some before and afters up. Here is a later one of him.Attachment 216290

angelocos 06-13-2014 04:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the before and after pics. The one laying down was the first week I got him. He's emaciated. the one standing is about 2 mos. laterAttachment 216298Attachment 216306

993man 06-13-2014 04:54 AM

He will be such a loyal mate to you. He has got a really kind face, and dogs do remember.
You are a very kind person and he will repay you thousands of times over.

Makes you wonder how someone can abandon such an awesome animal. very sad but it's worked out well for Ulysses.

angelocos 06-13-2014 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellimaybel (Post 5637162)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 993man (Post 5637250)
He will be such a loyal mate to you. He has got a really kind face, and dogs do remember.
You are a very kind person and he will repay you thousands of times over.

Makes you wonder how someone can abandon such an awesome animal. very sad but it's worked out well for Ulysses.

I appreciate the well wishes. He has repayed me 1000x over. He listens, trains really well for being older and rarely wants to leave my side.

Yes, people with disrespect animals unfortunately we can expect that.

Shade 06-13-2014 07:34 AM

:welcome: I'm glad he's in a loving home now, he looks like a real sweetheart :)

Jelpy 06-13-2014 08:12 AM

Handsome looking fella. You're both lucky.

Welcome to the board.

Jelpy

Kayos and Havoc 06-13-2014 08:53 AM

He is a handsome guy! Thanks for saving him.

angelocos 06-13-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade (Post 5637370)
:welcome: I'm glad he's in a loving home now, he looks like a real sweetheart :)

Thank you. he is a sweet guy. Due to his history, I can't bring him around other dogs. But we'll see.