German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Hello new to the dog world (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/456722-hello-new-dog-world.html)

jhmcb7 06-03-2014 03:44 PM

Hello new to the dog world

hey guys im new to dogs, i bought a German Shepherd puppy for my daughter .
but i want to learn a lot about this type of dogs. will post a picture later on today.

i was wondering about which food should i give him, im currently on pedegree for pups, i was also reading about Acana, and Orijin but honestly i think they are out of my price, any other food you guys recommend? thanks in advance.

LaRen616 06-03-2014 03:51 PM

For dog food you could look into Solid Gold Wolf Cub, Wellness, Taste of the Wild, Merrick, Fromm.

jhmcb7 06-03-2014 05:11 PM

thank you sir.

Nigel 06-03-2014 11:11 PM

Food searching can be a pita, there are some good quality products that aren't as hard on the wallet. Where are you located? Might help when giving suggestions.

The Packman 06-04-2014 01:34 AM

Welcome aboard !

smgs92 06-04-2014 09:01 AM

Welcome, I'm new as well but for food that's a good buy and good quality if you live near a tractor supply look into diamond naturals.

LaRen616 06-04-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmcb7 (Post 5597074)
thank you sir.

Lol, it's ma'am, but I will take it, you're welcome. :)

jhmcb7 06-09-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 5598234)
Food searching can be a pita, there are some good quality products that aren't as hard on the wallet. Where are you located? Might help when giving suggestions.

im located in los angeles CA .

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaRen616 (Post 5599178)
Lol, it's ma'am, but I will take it, you're welcome. :)

sorry about that ma'am..=)

Ace GSD 06-12-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmcb7 (Post 5596658)
hey guys im new to dogs, i bought a German Shepherd puppy for my daughter .
but i want to learn a lot about this type of dogs. will post a picture later on today.

i was wondering about which food should i give him, im currently on pedegree for pups, i was also reading about Acana, and Orijin but honestly i think they are out of my price, any other food you guys recommend? thanks in advance.

You and i are in the same boat... except i bought mine for myself.

I been feeding him Nutro Ultra large breed puppy food and he been doing great.
I am not the most knowledgeable but 1 thing i know very important on large breeds ( and GSD is a large breed ) is not to let them have too much calcium so that they dont grow too fast and have all sort of bone problems later on such as hip dysplasia etc.

Now the Kibble i been feeding my dog has 1.1% Cal Min and 1.5% max.

Good luck !