Oklahoma boy, new to all of this! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: I live in Northeastern Oklahoma on a Cherokee indian reservation.(No we dont live in TP's anymore!)
Smile Oklahoma boy, new to all of this!

Wado! My name is Travis and I live in Oklahoma. I got my first GSD about 3 weeks ago and have been trying to learn everything about them that I can possibly take in! As a 12 week old pup, Nuke has already amazed me with his intelligence! He has learned so many things and amazingly keeps me laughing! Who knew the little fella had it in him! I have had great dogs in the past but am more than excited about this dog! I am actually new to being a member to any kind of forum or even many webpages at all! I would appreciate any help, tips or good ideas about how to use this website and also about german shepherds! I will try to stay current with this site as much as possible and would LOVE for people to communicate! I love reading the stories about other GSD's and the silly things that they do!
OklahomaGSDonTheRez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Welcome Travis, from the Arkansas River Valley. You've found a great place in this forum for access to all kinds of knowledge. There are many trainers and fellow GSD owners here who have experienced it all. Any time you have any specific questions, your best bet is to use the search tool near the top of the forum. It'll allow you to quickly skim through similar posts, chances are, someone on here has had the same thing occur and came here seeking advice.

Do you have any plans for your pup along the lines of IPO, agility, tracking or other such sports/work? An intelligent dog loves having stuff to concentrate energy and focus on, so it is always a great idea to get involved in such activities. I ask now, because this is a great opportunity for the resident experts to chime in and give some excellent guidance in beginning your journey with your GSD.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

Welcome! We would love to see some photos of your pup!

Harley
Black/Tan, neutered male
"American Pet Line"

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Line
HarleyTheGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hello! There is so much great information here. I also would love to see pictures!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Mishka&Milo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Welcome from South Texas!!!!
Lonestar Pivo - Texas Blue Lacy
Ashe - Barn Cat
Katie / APHA
Lilie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Welcome from a fellow Sooner! We'd love to see pics up your pup!
GSDAlphaMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Do you have any training classes lined up yet? If you are close to Tulsa, look up Clickety split dog training. She breeds, trains, raises german shepherds and can really help you two grow together.
dawnandjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Welcome from OKC. Would love to see pictures. What activities are you wanting to do?
kbella999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Location: I live in Northeastern Oklahoma on a Cherokee indian reservation.(No we dont live in TP's anymore!)

Thank you for all of the welcomes! I am sorry that I havent been able to post pics. I will do my best to put some on my profile and the thread so all can see my little fella! Yesterday I booked my first training session on basic obedience for next thursday and cannot tell yall how excited that I am!!! It is with a lady named Pam Hixon that works for the local police force. She trains police dogs in this area and her specialty is German Shepherds! She had to cancel our last appointment because she had to go on a search and rescue for a man that went missing recently. I do have a question though but I wasnt sure the right place to ask, my pup is around 4 months old, what brand of dogfood or raw food is somewhat cost efficient while also providing the nutrition and joint health that the dogs need? Along with energy requirements?
OklahomaGSDonTheRez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I use texastripe.com. He makes an Okla run (1x month) as far east as Henryetta. I think that's about an hour from Tulsa.
GSDAlphaMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.