German Shepherds Forum banner

Hello from NE Ohio

417 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
I will be a new GSD owner next month (June) when my pup is ready. I've raised puppies before but never this breed. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the experiences people share here.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hello and congrats from central Ohio (a NE Ohio transplant). I am a long time dog owner but first time GSD owner as of this time last year. I have learned quite a bit from hanging around the forums and hope you do as well. My first piece of advice is to put expensive things in drawers. These pups get big very quickly. I left my brand new uninsured cell phone on the counter. Indie was only 5 months old and was able to get at it and proceeded to destroy it. Take loads of pics as well!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#3 ·
Thanks for the response! I have a lot to learn, and I've already started. It's been ten years since I've potty trained. I'm also researching the best methods and places to start obedience/behavioral training. Hopefully I'll network with more owners near me.

#4 ·
Welcome from NW OHIO...we have a three year old Gsd and a 9week old Gsd...starting all over again...:).Go Brown's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.