German Shepherds Forum banner

New Here

578 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sebaroher 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a German Shepherd puppy. I had one growing up and now I'm buying my first place and I'd love to have another one. I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA so if anyone knows of any pups for sale that come from good blood lines and are registered and most importantly GOOD DOGS, let me know. Thanks!

#2 ·
:welcome: Are you looking for a working line GSD or show line GSD? Any other information regarding looks, temperament, and what you're planning on doing (companion, Schutzhund, agility, Rally, etc.) will help narrow down the choices :) There are plenty of good breeders out there but what would work for me might not work for you and visa versa

#3 ·
I'm looking for a companion for my wife and I. We don't have kids yet, but we will someday and I know that they're great dogs. I guess I'd be looking for a working line, I'm not interested in showing as we have show cats :D Anyways, any help would be appreciated :) Thank you!

#5 ·
Welcome, you are in the right place for great information!

You may want to search the topics here and check out the temperament differences between working lines and show lines. Not that the working lines can't produce great companion dogs, they do, as a retiree I have two right now, have had a number of them in the past. But more often than not, they have a more demanding personality, requiring more work, more exercise, more attention... Kind of like having a precocious child, LOL.

Susan

#6 ·
#7 ·
I think I'd like to get a working line. Does anyone know of any reputable breeders in/or close to Virginia? I'm not worried about working with them, I'm active duty military.. I'd like a dog I can go running with and that I can train. Keep the advice coming! I'm enjoying reading up on all this :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.