German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Extremely New Owner. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/446218-extremely-new-owner.html)

LittleJaws 05-04-2014 11:07 PM

Extremely New Owner.

2 Attachment(s)
Hello, I am a new and extremely worried new owner. (:
Today my family added one more to the craziness. A little GSD boy.. He doesn't even have a name yet. It's probably been 7 or 8 hours since he's been here. (Might be a lengthy post, so you can skip to the cute pictures (; )
I already knew my grandmothers neighbor had a litter of puppies a while back, but today the neighbors son walked over and asked if I wanted one.. As in they were just giving them away to anyone.. I was confused and furious. I live in a terrible neighborhood for free dogs. Or dogs left outside. There's been a fighting problem around here lately. So I definitely got choked up thinking of all these puppies being used for bait.. SO, the first thing I did was contact Good Shepherd Rescue of North Texas who instantly started working to find fosters for them. Tomorrow I'm going to speak to the owner, hoping he will relinquish all the puppies to me. Then get them transported to Dallas!
Through all the craziness, I took a pup home.. He has been my favorite since I watched his mom give birth to him.. He was extremely matted and covered in stickers. I have an appointment set up for him to make sure everything is alright under all his fluff. I was thinking, Rambles?

Attachment 206346Attachment 206354

HarleyTheGSD 05-04-2014 11:10 PM

Welcome, and congratulations! He is adorable. :)

Liz&Anna 05-04-2014 11:13 PM

Ohh he's gorgeous!!! Is he a plush coat?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

my boy diesel 05-04-2014 11:15 PM

beautiful

LittleJaws 05-04-2014 11:25 PM

Thank you! From what I've read, I believe he is a plush, or long haired, if there is a difference? His mother definitely is..
Two more puppies were taken. Tomorrow couldn't come any faster.

HarleyTheGSD 05-04-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleJaws (Post 5471978)
Thank you! From what I've read, I believe he is a plush, or long haired, if there is a difference? His mother definitely is..
Two more puppies were taken. Tomorrow couldn't come any faster.

I believe plush is a shorter coat than long-haired.

Liz&Anna 05-04-2014 11:31 PM

Yeah I do think its in between- either way I loooove the fluffy ones, your very lucky

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

LittleJaws 05-04-2014 11:40 PM

His mom is a long haired and he is a plush! I'm just hoping to get the best out of him, health wise. His parents definitely should not have been bred.
Hopefully Good Shepherd Rescue will have some plush babies by the end of the week.. If any of you are in the Dallas area? (;

kakarot 05-04-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleJaws (Post 5472082)
His mom is a long haired and he is a plush! I'm just hoping to get the best out of him, health wise. His parents definitely should not have been bred.
Hopefully Good Shepherd Rescue will have some plush babies by the end of the week.. If any of you are in the Dallas area? (;

I live in Richardson. :) He's a cutie! I love the longer haired GSDs. Mine's prolly gonna be the shorter coat, but he's still a good lookin' pup.

AKIRA3 05-05-2014 12:05 AM

We rescued our girl from good shepherd.
Wonderful caring people there.
I often cruise craigslist and reply to those people getting rid of shepherds to check good shepherd out.