German Shepherds Forum banner

New member, need opinions on dog breed

595 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Pax8 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this site. This is Greta. We rescued her from the local animal shelter. We were told that she is a german shepherd but poorly bred. She is our first german shepherd. She is 8 months old and has floopy ears. Does she look full blooded or mixed with something? If so what? She is very smart . From my research her body looks just like german shepherd but I wonder because go her ears. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Its hard to tell, but my brother in law has a shepherd collie mix that looks just like Greta. He is smaller, thinner, and has floppy folded over ears, but coloring of GSD. Cute puppy and congrats :)

Do you have more pictures? she can be full blooded with "soft ears" from poor breeding, but don't let any of that scare you I am sure she is and will be an amazing dog.

#5 ·
she looks gsd to me... maybe her ears were mistreated, rubbed too much by clueless people and it softened the cartilage. Her form, and colors are gsd. Looks like she is still changing coat color, my boy lost the black on his back by a year and got his saddle. I will let others chime in, you can ask your vet as well, some know gsd pretty well and they can take a look at the ears to see if there is damage. I know someone who had a gsd with floppy ears just because the other dog in the house always played and grabbed ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.