German Shepherds Forum banner

meet my first GSD Fritz....

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  gavykat 
#1 ·

He is 12 weeks old....hus brother and sisters were all black/tan...
My boy Fritz was an odd tri color...white/black/tan. Looks like a huskie almost.
He has papers, mom and dad were both on site. He likes to beat ul on my hundred pound shepard/Pyrenees mix Zeus.

One question...Fritz is 12 weeks old his ears sprung up streight as an arrow. Now one is wonkey...he plays hard....he didn't break cartlidge did he?

His right ear went kind of limp....also is his color rare?

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site! Your pup is adorable for sure.

Regarding his coloration, there is a type of purebred GSD that carries a lot of white like that, it's called a 'Panda', it's pretty rare. Picture below.

What does your breeder say about his color, it's very unusual for a pure bred GSD?

#4 ·
I would be more inclined to guess that he's a mix. Stray make got in with mom. It's also completely possible for multiple dogs to sire a litter if they mated in a close time period

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#7 ·
Thank you for answering. :)

I was pondering the same scenario as Anubis Star mentioned but on the other hand the genetics for a lot of white does crop up, like with the "Panda" colored Shepherds. His ears definitely look like German Shepherd ears too. Oh and regarding his ears we have a sub forum about ears that you can ask questions about them standing up and such.

#21 ·
Not a quality shepherd but could be purebred. And since AKC doesnt to inspections on litters, the sire and dam can be any dog. You can take any dogs AKC papers and say they are the parents of said puppies and issue papers on them. You can even say you have more puppies than you really do and issue papers on a stray you picked up, or got from a shelter. Litters can have multiple sires. It looks like the white masking gene is coming through on this pup though since there is some white dogs in the bloodline. The panda shepherd was bred from stock of multiple colors and continued to be bred for lots of white, out of the standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.