German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Hello from Bib Sky Country (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/414090-hello-bib-sky-country.html)

Broncs 02-21-2014 09:52 AM

Hello from Bib Sky Country

Came across this forum yesterday while searching for GSD information. I am looking to bring home a new GSD pup. I really want a working breed, I would like to compete in some sort of activity. Anyways I just wanted to stop in and say HI!

Kayos and Havoc 02-21-2014 09:55 AM

Welcome to you!

I take it you are up in Montana or thereabouts?

Some good breeders in Idaho. When you are ready to start looking post down in Choosing a puppy and we can help you find a good breeder to meet your needs. In the meantime there are lots of threads on how to find a good breeder.

Broncs 02-21-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayos and Havoc (Post 5060738)
Welcome to you!

I take it you are up in Montana or thereabouts?

Some good breeders in Idaho. When you are ready to start looking post down in Choosing a puppy and we can help you find a good breeder to meet your needs. In the meantime there are lots of threads on how to find a good breeder.

"I think" I have found a couple good breeders here in Montana that breed german lines. My biggest confusion is that all the shepherds I have had or have, have had a more or less "straight" backs the ones I have looked at have a slightly sloped back and a different gait that seems odd to me and I'm not sure they have the same maneuverability as what I'm used to!

Bridget 02-21-2014 10:22 AM

Welcome. They are great dogs. If you are committed, you can teach your dog everything and have a lot of fun with him/her.

Nigel 02-21-2014 11:15 AM

They may looked "sloped" from being "stacked". What lines are you looking at? I have SLs and a WL and its my wl that walks funny to me, lol! Both mine are "straight" back.

Kaimeju 02-21-2014 11:21 AM

Welcome to the board! You must be excited about your pup.

This is one of the Montana breeders I'm looking at for my next dog (who will be working): German Shepherd Breeders | Search and Rescue Dogs | DDR German Shepherds | Police Dogs | German Shepherd Puppies | German Shepherd Pedigree

Broncs 02-21-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaimeju (Post 5061370)
Welcome to the board! You must be excited about your pup.

This is one of the Montana breeders I'm looking at for my next dog (who will be working): German Shepherd Breeders | Search and Rescue Dogs | DDR German Shepherds | Police Dogs | German Shepherd Puppies | German Shepherd Pedigree

I have looked at them and these 2 as well, German Shepherd Breeders Puppies Protection Omegashepherds.com and Montana German Shepherd Puppies For Sale | MT German Shepherd Dogs For Sale . I have visited the first one.

Kayos and Havoc 02-21-2014 03:37 PM

If I were buying the pup I would probably lean toward Omega. It looks like they nicer dogs and are at least doing work with them.

Both breeders say the dogs are free of Hip dysplasia but I don't see the evidence. I don't even see a lot of pedigrees.