German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Hello! New in Jax FL (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/413514-hello-new-jax-fl.html)

ZoeD1217 02-20-2014 12:01 AM

Hello! New in Jax FL
 
I've been reading along for a few weeks! I have learned so much already.

My girls name is Zoe and she is 9 weeks old. I had no idea I'd have so many questions already so I look forward to posting more. It's a little daunting knowing how much I've already done wrong and how little I actually know about the breed.

I'll post a pic when I figure out how :blush:

ZoeD1217 02-20-2014 11:30 AM

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...psc7748511.jpg

Curtis 02-20-2014 11:49 AM

Welcome, she's got great ears! I'm also in Jacksonville :-D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

GSKnight 02-20-2014 12:00 PM

OMG!!! How cute!!! :wub:

ZoeD1217 02-20-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 5054826)
Welcome, she's got great ears! I'm also in Jacksonville :-D

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I adore her ears! Any suggestions for trainers here in Jax? We both definitely need it :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Curtis 02-20-2014 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5055050)
I adore her ears! Any suggestions for trainers here in Jax? We both definitely need it :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Not sure I can help you with trainers, I don't want to steer you wrong. I was clueless with an 8 week old puppy and haven't stopped reading books and this site since.

Our first class was a puppy class at Petsmart. We did learn, but I wouldn't do it again.

My guy is 10 months old now and I couldn't be happier! We start our next class on March 3rd at Dogwood Park. I hope that is a step in the right direction as far as trainers go.

There are probably others here from the area that can direct you better for training. Let me know what you find!

ZoeD1217 02-20-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSKnight (Post 5054874)
OMG!!! How cute!!! :wub:

Thank you!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ZoeD1217 02-20-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtis (Post 5055266)
Not sure I can help you with trainers, I don't want to steer you wrong. I was clueless with an 8 week old puppy and haven't stopped reading books and this site since.

Our first class was a puppy class at Petsmart. We did learn, but I wouldn't do it again.

My guy is 10 months old now and I couldn't be happier! We start our next class on March 3rd at Dogwood Park. I hope that is a step in the right direction as far as trainers go.

There are probably others here from the area that can direct you better for training. Let me know what you find!

I had originally planned to do a petsmart class but after time on here I think I will check out some other options first.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Curtis 02-20-2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoeD1217 (Post 5055946)
I had originally planned to do a petsmart class but after time on here I think I will check out some other options first.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Yeah, we did the 6 week puppy course at Petsmart when he was 13 weeks old. He learned sit, stay, come, watch me and leave it. Some of which I was working on beforehand. He did just fine and learned the commands, but I feel like we should have just found a club to begin with.

I'm hoping to find a longer-term club eventually. And I hope this next trainer can help me with lose leash walking, Petsmart's attempts at that were feeble.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

arycrest 02-21-2014 12:38 PM

:greet: Welcome from Central Florida!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2