German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   soon to be adding a new member to our family. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/412498-soon-adding-new-member-our-family.html)

nktigger99 02-17-2014 07:22 PM

soon to be adding a new member to our family.

Hello! My name is Nichole. In about 4 weeks we are adding a female GSD pup named Abby to our family. I am a SAHM to four kiddos (5 1/2 year old Jimmy, 41/2 year old JoJo, and 2 1/2 year old twins, Cole and Corbin). My husband, Jimmy, works long hours in the oil and gas industry.

Right now we have a fish and hamster....it has been a few years since we have had our own dog, we have fostered on and off again though. In the past (pre-kids) I was a vet tech and had Clumber Spaniels which I showed and other breeds of rescues.

Now that we are done with human babyhood for good....we are jumping into puppyhood.

I am happy to be here and learn from people who have been there done that.

If anyone who reads this is part of the German Shepherd club in the OKC area I would love to find out more info. We live in Moore so looking for training perhaps at the ARC or close to Moore.

MaggieRoseLee 02-17-2014 08:15 PM

WOW, I'm impressed ! Adding another puppy is like having another kid and I'm so impressed you'll be able to deal with '5' kids at the same time !

Make sure you have found a great set of puppy classes and they are on a night you are available to attend. Great night out from the 2 legged kids and to spend with the 4 legged one so that will be nice .

Good luck!

FirefighterGSD 02-18-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee (Post 5040194)
WOW, I'm impressed ! Adding another puppy is like having another kid and I'm so impressed you'll be able to deal with '5' kids at the same time !

Make sure you have found a great set of puppy classes and they are on a night you are available to attend. Great night out from the 2 legged kids and to spend with the 4 legged one so that will be nice .

Good luck!

Agreed! And great advice :p

nktigger99 02-18-2014 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee (Post 5040194)

Good luck!

I am still searching for the right fit for puppy classes....but yes that time will be me time....lol. I will also be searching for other activities to do with Abby.....will be good to have an activity outside of kids.

I figure after having newborn twins(I slept on the couch for 11 months when they were babies), 4 kids under 4....plus 4 kids in diapers full time for months I can handle a puppy again. Lol

johnkellie 02-18-2014 05:45 PM

Sounds exciting!! Pix when the puppy arrives!