Howdy from Delaware! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware, USA
Posts: 5
Default Howdy from Delaware!

Hey everyone!

Last Monday night we brought home our new GSD, Ender. He was just over 8 weeks old.
http://i.imgur.com/ulpYGq3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SVZ2OnI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gX2TxW0.jpg

I named him after one of my all time favorite book series, Ender's Game. I've heard nothing but praise on how smart GSD's are so I feel like it's a fitting name considering the 'real' Ender was a genius

The wife and I already have a 1.5yr old Golden Retriever named Zoey and she helped pick Ender out. He's pure blooded from a show line, German mother but mostly American dad. I'm presuming he'll grow to be roughly 90-100lbs, his Dad was a pretty big guy! His mom was no slouch either, she was around 75-80lbs.

Dad: http://i.imgur.com/uXqLbGf.jpg
Mom: http://i.imgur.com/tFcLLKv.jpg

My long term goal for Ender is to get into Search and Rescue work. But, if that doesn't pan out, I'll at least have an amazing family dog!

I've already read quite a bit here even before we picked up the pup, back when we were still deciding on "what" to get and decided on a GSD. Lots of good resources here, just wanted to say thanks in advance for any and all help, that already given and that yet to be received!

Really looking forward to watching the new guy grow up to be an awesome dog!
Marzyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CindyMDBecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Saratoga, NY
Posts: 474
Default

Welcome! Sweet puppy!
CindyMDBecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
Nigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,961
Default

Congratulations on your new pup and welcome to the forum.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jenkintown,Pa.
Posts: 15,199
Default

welcome. nice looking pup. what does mostly American dad mean?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzyn View Post
Hey everyone!

Last Monday night we brought home our new GSD, Ender. He was just over 8 weeks old.
http://i.imgur.com/ulpYGq3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SVZ2OnI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gX2TxW0.jpg

I named him after one of my all time favorite book series, Ender's Game. I've heard nothing but praise on how smart GSD's are so I feel like it's a fitting name considering the 'real' Ender was a genius

The wife and I already have a 1.5yr old Golden Retriever named Zoey and she helped pick Ender out.

>>>> He's pure blooded from a show line, German mother but mostly American dad. <<<<

I'm presuming he'll grow to be roughly 90-100lbs, his Dad was a pretty big guy! His mom was no slouch either, she was around 75-80lbs.

Dad: http://i.imgur.com/uXqLbGf.jpg
Mom: http://i.imgur.com/tFcLLKv.jpg

My long term goal for Ender is to get into Search and Rescue work. But, if that doesn't pan out, I'll at least have an amazing family dog!

I've already read quite a bit here even before we picked up the pup, back when we were still deciding on "what" to get and decided on a GSD. Lots of good resources here, just wanted to say thanks in advance for any and all help, that already given and that yet to be received!

Really looking forward to watching the new guy grow up to be an awesome dog!
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware, USA
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
welcome. nice looking pup. what does mostly American dad mean?
According to the breeder, American GSD are typically black and tan, the German GSD have the really dark brown/reddish color instead of the light tan.

As far as I know that's the only difference!
Marzyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jenkintown,Pa.
Posts: 15,199
Default

so, you have a dog that's German and American that doesn't
answer what's "mostly American dad". you don't have to answer
that. you have a nice dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedad View Post
welcome. nice looking pup. what does mostly American dad mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzyn View Post
According to the breeder, American GSD are typically black and tan, the German GSD have the really dark brown/reddish color instead of the light tan.

As far as I know that's the only difference!
doggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
dogfaeries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 2,043
Default

Pretty puppy.

Nice looking parents. Sire is GCh Stuttgart's Now Don't Refuse Me of Masrock? Looked him up (out of curiosity). Got his AKC championship with 5 majors. Wow. And then his Grand Championship with 5 more majors. Wow again. I should be so lucky with my dogs!
__________________
~ Diane in Okla

Carly ~ AKC Champion, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch. pointed (13 pts - chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ the big boy
Mimi ~ the meezer
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Delaware, USA
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfaeries View Post
Pretty puppy.

Nice looking parents. Sire is GCh Stuttgart's Now Don't Refuse Me of Masrock? Looked him up (out of curiosity). Got his AKC championship with 5 majors. Wow. And then his Grand Championship with 5 more majors. Wow again. I should be so lucky with my dogs!
Yea, honestly that means absolutely nothing to me. I'm afraid I know nothing of the AKC or really, the dog world. I was more concerned with the parents temperament! They were both extremely friendly and very well behaved, looked great and were healthy, after that I was sold!
Marzyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member
 
dogfaeries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 2,043
Default

He's a pretty boy Post lots of photos!


Sent from Petguide.com App
__________________
~ Diane in Okla

Carly ~ AKC Champion, GCh pointed, HIC
Sage ~ AKC Ch. pointed (13 pts - chasing that last major), HIC
Russell ~ the big boy
Mimi ~ the meezer
dogfaeries is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member
 
TommyB681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Claymont, DE
Posts: 764
Default

welcome fellow Delawarean
__________________
__________

Tom
__________

Penny - 9/7/12 (GSD)

Abbi -5/9/09-12/7/12 (GSD)
TommyB681 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com