German Shepherds Forum banner

New chick

722 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MustLoveShepherds 
#1 ·
I come from a family who loves shepherds, but this is my first time having a shepherd of "my own." Her name is Mika, and she is 5 months old. I purchased Mika as a birthday/Christmas gift for my husband. I am an experience dog owner, however, this is the first dog for my husband (although he thinks he knows everything).

#9 ·
Thank you!

Well, classes were the plan. I told my husband that ge was in charge of her training, but then his schedule changed and I had to take over. Tuesday is our "graduation." I am going to enroll Mika in additional classes that hopefully my hubby can do with her. He certainly needs the training just as much, if not more, than the dog does.

#10 ·
Thank you very much! I think i really lucked out!! :)

I actually found her in the paper when she was 11 weeks old. She was being bullied by another dog, and so her family had to re-home her. Thankfully Mika does not have any residual affects from that experience. She has turned out to be a wonderful puppy! :wub:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.