German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   New chick (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/407034-new-chick.html)

MustLoveShepherds 02-05-2014 03:50 PM

New chick
 
I come from a family who loves shepherds, but this is my first time having a shepherd of "my own." Her name is Mika, and she is 5 months old. I purchased Mika as a birthday/Christmas gift for my husband. I am an experience dog owner, however, this is the first dog for my husband (although he thinks he knows everything).

GSKnight 02-05-2014 03:53 PM

WELCOME!!!

BTW... we LOVE to seeing pictures of your dog. :)

MustLoveShepherds 02-05-2014 04:05 PM

Picture of MIKA
 
3 Attachment(s)
Oh, Sorry, I am still trying to figure out the website. :) I attached 3 pictures.Attachment 175826
Attachment 175834Attachment 175842

FirefighterGSD 02-05-2014 08:44 PM

Welcome from Maryland! Husband's always think they know everything LOL. Very pretty puppy, she has a very feminine head that's pretty as can be.

Loneforce 02-05-2014 08:50 PM

Welcome aboard!! I am sure Mika will teach your husband a few things, and he will wonder why he never had a shepherd before now :)

Sp00ks 02-05-2014 09:08 PM

very cute pup. Your husband is in for a few lessons. I would highly suggest you get "him" into some training. Find a basic puppy class. It will do him a world of good understanding dog behavior and training. Besides, they usually aren't very expensive.

Scout's Mama 02-05-2014 10:28 PM

Mika is beautiful! The top picture looks just like my Scout. You have a winner, well chosen :-)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

MustLoveShepherds 02-05-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirefighterGSD (Post 4972762)
Welcome from Maryland! Husband's always think they know everything LOL. Very pretty puppy, she has a very feminine head that's pretty as can be.

Thank you, from TN. :)

MustLoveShepherds 02-05-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp00ks (Post 4972954)
very cute pup. Your husband is in for a few lessons. I would highly suggest you get "him" into some training. Find a basic puppy class. It will do him a world of good understanding dog behavior and training. Besides, they usually aren't very expensive.

Thank you!

Well, classes were the plan. I told my husband that ge was in charge of her training, but then his schedule changed and I had to take over. Tuesday is our "graduation." I am going to enroll Mika in additional classes that hopefully my hubby can do with her. He certainly needs the training just as much, if not more, than the dog does.

MustLoveShepherds 02-05-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scout's Mama (Post 4973402)
Mika is beautiful! The top picture looks just like my Scout. You have a winner, well chosen :-)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Thank you very much! I think i really lucked out!! :)

I actually found her in the paper when she was 11 weeks old. She was being bullied by another dog, and so her family had to re-home her. Thankfully Mika does not have any residual affects from that experience. She has turned out to be a wonderful puppy! :wub:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2