German Shepherds Forum banner

New Member from Indio California Saying Hello

477 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MaggieRoseLee 
#1 ·
My husband and I brought our pasha home last June. WE love her so much. I do have a questions and am not sure which forum to check in. She started limping in November (the same month she started heat) On her last day of heat we took he to the vet and they said it was a strain, no xrays and gave us some pain medicine for her. Since then she has been very calm and listens and no behavior issues what so ever. Anyway now she is limping again and it is her front leg. Based on what we can tell it is in the upper leg. Not her ankle foot or elbow but higher up. Our vet said that this is common, but we are worried we are doing something wrong. Is there some kind of supplement she should be taking to help with her bones and joints. She is less than a year old and is walking around like a older dog. :help:

#2 ·
My dog limps occasionally my Vet also said it was nothing to worry about. He is a very large dog (126 lbs) and limps usually after running around for an extended period-it only last a day or so and then he's back to normal. Not sure if it's the same thing going on with your dog or not.

BTW…..welcome to the Forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.