German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   First CKC Registered pup (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/401609-first-ckc-registered-pup.html)

Diesel14 01-25-2014 12:20 PM

First CKC Registered pup

Good morning everyone. Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Brad and have always wanted a registered shepherd and was able to get my first one last night. He was born on November 21, 2013. Currently 9 weeks old and his name is Diesel. Bloodline traces back to dogs in Germany so that was a plus for me. He is for sure the most talkative pup I've ever had before. I am on my iphone and have not figured out how to upload pictures yet so if anyone has some suggestions please let me know.

Lucy Dog 01-25-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel14 (Post 4902761)
Good morning everyone. Wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Brad and have always wanted a registered shepherd and was able to get my first one last night. He was born on November 21, 2013. Currently 9 weeks old and his name is Diesel. Bloodline traces back to dogs in Germany so that was a plus for me. He is for sure the most talkative pup I've ever had before. I am on my iphone and have not figured out how to upload pictures yet so if anyone has some suggestions please let me know.

Continental or Canadian Kennel Club? There's a big difference.

And all German Shepherds have bloodlines that eventually trace back to Germany. They are "German" Shepherds, after all.

With that said, welcome and congrats on your new pup.

Diesel14 01-25-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy Dog (Post 4902793)
Continental or Canadian Kennel Club? There's a big difference.

And all German Shepherds have bloodlines that eventually trace back to Germany. They are "German" Shepherds, after all.

With that said, welcome and congrats on your new pup.

Continental. And you know what I know they all EVENTUALLY trace back. He traces back to Germany just a few generations back is what I meant so thank you for your comment

fredh 01-25-2014 02:12 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to see some Pics. Photo bucket works great for uploads.

Diesel14 01-25-2014 02:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres a few pictures

Sp00ks 01-25-2014 02:39 PM

You have a GSD and an infant? You have my sympathy.

Good looking pup. Would you look at those ears.

Mocha 01-25-2014 02:54 PM

I'm sorry, but I always cringe with "Continental"... they're known for being the back yard breeders and puppy mills registry of choice. I was really hoping you would say Canadian.

Since the breed originated in Germany, all bloodlines trace back to Germany. Wouldn't be called a "German" shepherd with out it silly!

They are a highly vocal breed. They will talk up a storm! Be prepared for him to make it very known what he wants.

He's a cutie, just not a registry I would support. I hope you enjoy him!

Diesel14 01-25-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocha (Post 4903314)
I'm sorry, but I always cringe with "Continental"... they're known for being the back yard breeders and puppy mills registry of choice. I was really hoping you would say Canadian.

Since the breed originated in Germany, all bloodlines trace back to Germany. Wouldn't be called a "German" shepherd with out it silly!

They are a highly vocal breed. They will talk up a storm! Be prepared for him to make it very known what he wants.

He's a cutie, just not a registry I would support. I hope you enjoy him!

Well I understand where you are coming from. I did get to meet both parents and both were excellent looking dogs. I don't have to have a 600-1000 dollar pedigree to be happy. Just being able to trace his heritage and know his lineage puts me at ease. It's still better than buying a non papered dog not knowing his lineage.

Mocha 01-25-2014 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel14 (Post 4903482)
Well I understand where you are coming from. I did get to meet both parents and both were excellent looking dogs. I don't have to have a 600-1000 dollar pedigree to be happy. Just being able to trace his heritage and know his lineage puts me at ease. It's still better than buying a non papered dog not knowing his lineage.

I'm not implying your dog is defective or anything. I just wouldn't support them (paying their fees, buying their puppies) for my own moral reasoning.

With CKC, there's usually a reason why the dogs aren't registered AKC or UKC, and most of the time the reason is a red flag reason :(

However, registries aren't the whole icing on the cake, or a ticket of quality. They just prove your dog is purebred. And as well all know there is much more to it than that.

And I second the motion below about the puppy and infant. Power too ya!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Diesel14 01-25-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocha (Post 4903530)
I'm not implying your dog is defective or anything. I just wouldn't support them (paying their fees, buying their puppies) for my own moral reasoning.

With CKC, there's usually a reason why the dogs aren't registered AKC or UKC, and most of the time the reason is a red flag reason :(

However, registries aren't the whole icing on the cake, or a ticket of quality. They just prove your dog is purebred. And as well all know there is much more to it than that.

And I second the motion below about the puppy and infant. Power too ya!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I was not implying that you were implying anything lol. have to love plain text where the tone of voice can not be heard lol. My wife definitely has her hands full while I am at work. She has been posting a few times on here since I gave her my log in information for her to learn more about the breed. Between my son 5 months, Diesel(GSD) 9 weeks, and Brutus my 15 month old lab, she will probably be pulling her hair out soon lol.