German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   New Member(s) from Indiana (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/386378-new-member-s-indiana.html)

mister_e 12-25-2013 01:19 PM

New Member(s) from Indiana

Hello!

My wife (missus_e) and I are new members here. We've been on the market for a GSD for quite some time, but have been looking for something very specific and we have been diligent in searching for the rightfit for us. We are extremely excited to join you all as we enter into the final three :wild: days before we make the road trip to pick up our puppy!

We've been on the wait list and in contact with our breeder, Royalair, for awhile, and are extremely excited to bring her home. We've been really fortunate to find this forum as it has served as an excellent resource for us as we have researched and looked for testimonials regarding our prospective breeders. I'm sure it will remain a great resource now that we are entering into the first stages of puppy ownership.

We have a full schedule coming up for her, including a puppy socialization party through our training center on Monday nights, a puppy manners class on Wednesday nights starting in a three weeks, and puppy socialization walk on Saturdays!

With our Christmas festivities coming to a close...the last 72 hours are beginning to tick...wait it's only 64 now! :wild:

MyHans-someBoy 12-25-2013 01:30 PM

Welcome and Happy Holidays from the Southern part of Indiana!

We will look forward to seeing pictures of your puppy. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Loneforce 12-25-2013 01:46 PM

:welcome: and Happy Holidays

MaggieRoseLee 12-25-2013 08:16 PM

Welcome and love all the upcoming plans you've got for you new pup!

Can't wait to see all the pictures and hear all the bragging to come!

mister_e 12-27-2013 09:17 AM

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

My wife is a professional photographer so you'll see pictures galore I am sure. :-)

missus_e 12-27-2013 09:32 AM

The other half of this duo dropping in to say hello and that it's now 19 hours, 28 minutes, and 9 seconds 'til we hit the road for Iowa. :D

DJEtzel 12-27-2013 09:48 AM

Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the pup!

Very glad you already have classes and socialization lined up. As a trainer, it really makes me happy. XD

MaggieRoseLee 12-27-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missus_e (Post 4728714)
The other half of this duo dropping in to say hello and that it's now 19 hours, 28 minutes, and 9 seconds 'til we hit the road for Iowa. :D

That's the excitement I love to hear when getting a new pup!

Hope you remembered to make a spot next to your bed in the bedroom for the crate!

:wild:

missus_e 12-27-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEtzel (Post 4728834)
Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about the pup!

Very glad you already have classes and socialization lined up. As a trainer, it really makes me happy. XD

Actually the more we keep looking, the more we find. Our area has a ton of dog-friendly restaurants and stores, and we have on the docket everything from a weekly dog walk through downtown to a dog-friendly carriage ride to a puppy socialization group to every dog-friendly fair and festival Indiana has to offer. And, of course, training classes lined up pretty much through her first year - we'll see where we're going to go from there after that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee (Post 4728858)
That's the excitement I love to hear when getting a new pup!

Hope you remembered to make a spot next to your bed in the bedroom for the crate!

:wild:

Ha, it's funny you should say that, because that is exactly where I'm going to set it up this afternoon. We have a rough collie and a shetland sheepdog, and both are trustworthy enough to never need to be crated, so I'll be getting the crate from the old puppy days out of the garage today.

DJEtzel 12-27-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missus_e (Post 4728978)
Actually the more we keep looking, the more we find. Our area has a ton of dog-friendly restaurants and stores, and we have on the docket everything from a weekly dog walk through downtown to a dog-friendly carriage ride to a puppy socialization group to every dog-friendly fair and festival Indiana has to offer. And, of course, training classes lined up pretty much through her first year - we'll see where we're going to go from there after that.

That's very awesome! Do you mind if I ask what part of Indiana you're from? I'm in southern Michigan so I drive through Indiana pretty regularly for trips and I'd love to know where to stop to take advantage of dog-friendly restaurants, etc!