German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   New GSD (mix?) from Fl with questions. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/378849-new-gsd-mix-fl-questions.html)

Creeden6 12-09-2013 04:21 PM

New GSD (mix?) from Fl with questions.

1 Attachment(s)
We are a family of 6 aged almost 3 to 32. We currently have a 2 y/o Great Dane and will be picking up our new baby from the local shelter on Wednesday. He will be 6 weeks old and we hate to seperate him from Mom so early but that is the shelter policy :( Are there any special precautions/ preparations for one so young? He will have his first round of shots but can't start him on our flea/HW prev till 8 weeks. Not quite sure if he is a mix and if so what he is mixed with, Mom is a solid black GSD and beautiful but VERY mean. His name will be Strider :)Attachment 146489

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Creeden6 12-09-2013 04:26 PM

Also if anyone is in the NW Fl area (near Panama City Beach) there are 4 more of these babies, all males, that need homes. 35.00 adoption fee.

BellaLuna 12-09-2013 04:30 PM

Oh he's a cutie, I would but we live in PSL and I think my hubby would freak he tells me that our house is like Noah's Ark already lol..

Well wishes to your family and Congrats :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

GSDlover143 12-09-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creeden6 (Post 4643089)
We are a family of 6 aged almost 3 to 32. We currently have a 2 y/o Great Dane and will be picking up our new baby from the local shelter on Wednesday. He will be 6 weeks old and we hate to seperate him from Mom so early but that is the shelter policy :( Are there any special precautions/ preparations for one so young? He will have his first round of shots but can't start him on our flea/HW prev till 8 weeks. Not quite sure if he is a mix and if so what he is mixed with, Mom is a solid black GSD and beautiful but VERY mean. His name will be Strider :)Attachment 146489

Does he have blue eyes? Or hazel? Look purebred from this pic but need more.pics to help

ddrGSD88 12-09-2013 05:41 PM

The eyes look grey :D. For a puppy real young like that he's going to be sleeping alot.

GSDlover143 12-09-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creeden6 (Post 4643089)

Well When you get your pretty puppy post more pics! So far looks pure but can't tell for sure with that pic.

JakodaCD OA 12-09-2013 05:49 PM

I didnt realize shelters can let puppies go before 8 weeks? He's very cute, can't tell what he'd be mixed with, hope doesn't take on his mom's temperament:)

Creeden6 12-09-2013 06:17 PM

We are hoping mom is only the way she is because she has been a stray her whole life. It took them quite some time to catch her and were only able to because she was preg which slowed her down. Will post more pictures when we pick him up. Shelters here only keep dogs for 8 weeks. So for dogs born at the shelter they allow them to adopt out any time after 6 weeks as long as they are eating solid foods.

Creeden6 12-09-2013 06:27 PM

Oh and his eyes are still that puppy blue, I'm sure they will go brown soon.

JakodaCD OA 12-09-2013 06:33 PM

if he's six weeks old with blue eyes , I don't think they will change at this point..he's cute whatever he is:)