German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Service GSD Owner/New Member (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/378089-service-gsd-owner-new-member.html)

Xyst Sin 12-08-2013 12:08 PM

Service GSD Owner/New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Danielle and I'm 20 years old, turning 21 in January. I live in Florida and am soon moving into a new house that my best friend and I will be renting. Four years ago, I was told that my Generalized Anxiety Disorder was bad enough to be considered a disability. Since then, I was living with pets on my own because I love animals. But I recently made some new friends and have started working with service dogs. I live with 3 dogs, two of which are mine. The first is 2 year old, GSD/Husky mix female named Serena. The second is my baby who I just got in October, Umbra. Full blood GSD from a wonderful breeder that my friend knew personally. I got a great price on an amazing puppy. She's just under 4 months, pushing near 15 commands already, and is so promising. I was recently doing my research on different foods to feed. Currently they are on Nutro Ultra Large Breed Puppy, but in the next month after I move I plan on putting all the dogs on a raw diet. I figured joining here for advice and general sharing of my wonderful pets was a good idea. My dogs are my life, and I'd do anything for them. Anyways, thanks for reading my wall of text and I look forward to getting to know some of you!

E.Hatch 12-08-2013 12:18 PM

Welcome :) I'm also new here and just switched to raw about a month ago. There's a ton of info in the raw feeding/barf section and people here are very nice about answering questions. Good luck!

doggiedad 12-08-2013 12:41 PM

Welcome!!! you have a pup that's under 4 months old and she knows
15 commands. that's impressive. what commands does she know? i didn't
start formal training with my dog untill he was 4 months old.

Loneforce 12-08-2013 12:45 PM

Welcome Aboard!!

Xyst Sin 12-08-2013 01:02 PM

She doesn't do it all on first command but is pretty good about most of it.

Sit (Verbal and hand signal)
Down (Verbal and hand signal)
Stay (Verbal and hand signal)
Touch (Verbal and hand signal)
Paw (Verbal and hand signal)
Speak (Verbal and hand signal)
Up (Verbal and hand signal)
Focus
Get It
Bring It
Drop It
Wait (For food and water when I'm putting it down or for unloading from the car)
Load Up (Getting into the car)

She has a perfect recall.
She does an auto heel.

What were working on:
High Five
Play Dead
Roll Over
Sit Pretty
Hold It
Bubbles (Bath time)

ddrGSD88 12-09-2013 11:54 AM

Here's the real question....when are we going to see photos? haha :D

Kayos and Havoc 12-09-2013 04:03 PM

Welcome to you.

Daisy&Lucky's Mom 12-09-2013 04:20 PM

Welcome. Pictures are also welcome.

BellaLuna 12-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy&Lucky's Mom (Post 4643073)
Welcome. Pictures are also welcome.

Ditto ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4