German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Unexpectedly owner of a GSD ... The finished version (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/377825-unexpectedly-owner-gsd-finished-version.html)

Mell4now 12-07-2013 09:17 PM

Unexpectedly owner of a GSD ... The finished version

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason my first post was not able to be edited, and posted incompkete

Hello all.

If someone would have asked me 3 months ago what I would be doing right now, I would have said "cuddling with my 4 year old Golden Retriever Moose. Sadly on October 6th Moose passed away from Renal failure. If you have a moment here's the video I lovingly created in his memory

In Memory of Moose, Moose's Journey - YouTube

A couple weeks later My aunt and uncle desperately asked if I could take in their 6month old rambunctious GSD "Greta" temporarily while my Uncle went for a 4th surgery on his knee implant.

In the meantime they decided that they could no longer keep Greta and offered us the opportunity to be her mom and dad. She is a totally different dog with us then she is at my aunt and uncles. At our home, stays on the floor, plays with her toys, and behaves like a little angel and rarely mouths when playing . Over There she jumps all over furniture steals from counters, steals from trash. Takes shoes/socks/slippers etc... she's a land shark as well and gnaws away at their arms and clothing whenever she is petted by them.

Even though I am still heartbroken over loosing my cherished "Moose" Greta is warming her way into our hearts!

I have several issues about her quirks though and will post them in a separate thread.
Thanks all for viewing :):)

Midnight12 12-07-2013 09:23 PM

Loved your video of Moose, so sorry for your loss. I was laughing out loud at puppy smiles. Greta is a lucky dog to have found you. She won't replace Moose but might help your heart to heal.

GSDlover143 12-07-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mell4now (Post 4632625)
For some reason my first post was not able to be edited, and posted incompkete

Hello all.

If someone would have asked me 3 months ago what I would be doing right now, I would have said "cuddling with my 4 year old Golden Retriever Moose. Sadly on October 6th Moose passed away from Renal failure. If you have a moment here's the video I lovingly created in his memory

In Memory of Moose, Moose's Journey - YouTube

A couple weeks later My aunt and uncle desperately asked if I could take in their 6month old rambunctious GSD "Greta" temporarily while my Uncle went for a 4th surgery on his knee implant.

In the meantime they decided that they could no longer keep Greta and offered us the opportunity to be her mom and dad. She is a totally different dog with us then she is at my aunt and uncles. At our home, stays on the floor, plays with her toys, and behaves like a little angel and rarely mouths when playing . Over There she jumps all over furniture steals from counters, steals from trash. Takes shoes/socks/slippers etc... she's a land shark as well and gnaws away at their arms and clothing whenever she is petted by them.

Even though I am still heartbroken over loosing my cherished "Moose" Greta is warming her way into our hearts!

I have several issues about her quirks though and will post them in a separate thread.
Thanks all for viewing :):)

Do you have more pics? She's so pretty!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Nigel 12-07-2013 09:38 PM

Already posted in the first thread, maybe they'll be merged. Great looking girl! Hope your uncles knee surgery goes well, 4 times that's crazy.

Mell4now 12-07-2013 09:41 PM

@midnight: Thanks very much for viewing Moose's tribute :) I miss him so much
@nigel : thanks!!!!!

Stevenzachsmom 12-07-2013 09:52 PM

Lovely video. So sorry for your loss of Moose. Thank you for taking on Greta. You will love her for who she is - just like you would two very different kids. Don't worry about the quirks. We all have them. Quirks are what makes life fun. HA!

Mell4now 12-07-2013 10:04 PM

I'm still getting the hang of how this whole forum thing works ( I'm a Facebook native lol) but thanks everyone for your replies! Greta is really growing on us, we just couldn't let her go back to Georgia without giving her a chance. She doesn't know it yet, but she is scheduled to be spayed on Monday :eek:

Loneforce 12-07-2013 10:07 PM

I am sorry for your loss :( That was a really nice tribute to Moose. Rest In Peace Moose...

llombardo 12-07-2013 10:56 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be honest, I couldn't watch the whole video and as I'm typing this I'm crying like a baby. I have two goldens and every morning when I go to let the puppy out I talk to him and call him my ray of sunshine. I see so much of mine in Moose and it really made me emotional. I can't even imagine what you feel like:(

Mell4now 12-07-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSDlover143 (Post 4632673)
Do you have more pics? She's so pretty!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

I posted a few more pix in an album on my profile/account