New to GSD - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New to GSD

Hi Everyone
When I was a child I had a beautiful GSD puppy who put his feet on the windowsill to look at someone pulling in the driveway and mom got rid of him. I was heartbroken being an only child and losing my best friend in a week.
Then I got a gorgeous GSD puppy when I moved out and was married and my husband ran him over in our car.

Later on I had Dobermans. I bred my pair a few times and whelped for some show owners. My last one passed on and I didn't get another.
A breeder of Min Pins knew my reputation as a quality breeder and gave me her Min Pins because of her health and age. I found homes for all but 2 and bred them for some awesome babies, but my heart wasn't into the smaller breed. I gave my pair to a wonderful woman and they now sleep in her bed

That brings me to today. I found a beautiful female long hair GSD 6 months old and I couldn't be happier. OK so I'm 55 and going back to my childhood already LOL.

When I got her she was housebroken, knows sit and is a low energy girl. Just perfect. I also got the breeding rights. Not sure I want to breed anymore but I have them just the same.

I am happy to be and hope this old dog can learn some new tricks!!!
Wonderdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Welcome and congratulations on your new GSD! She sounds lovely. All the waiting was worth it and you have so much experience now. I can relate - I waited also until I was 52 to get my Sting - my first GSD and my first puppy. My other dogs were all adult adoptees- husky, dobe, and aussie. Looking back, it was for the best, as my other dogs taught me so much. Enjoy the forum!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sorry to hear your early experience with GSDs went so poorly. Congratulations on getting your pup. What are you going to call her?
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

welcome!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default New GS Mom

My dogs are my kids. I have 3 dogs, currently. 2 are rescued GS and one is a pit mix from a shelter. Lucy , a 10 y.o. sable female and 4 y.o. Josh , a black and tan, both rescues from a local backyard breeder that we brought home in the Spring of 2012. We love them and are in the process of adopting them because they have been through too much to re-place in another home. They each have special challenges that we are trying to overcome. Please wish us luck as we embark on our journey through GS ownership.
Avengr13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am new as well my pup is only 11 weeks but as long as you love them and understand there instincts they bond so fast
Nala'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.