German Shepherds Forum banner

486 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BellaLuna 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, My name is Sherry and I have always had a fascination with this breed of dog. I think they are beautiful, intelligent and Loving animals. I just experienced A bad situation with a GSD/Lab we decided to foster to adopt from a local rescue group. She was awesome with myself, husband and kids but she had a real fearful side that came out very aggressively toward my in laws and after 2 days of witnessing this we decided she wasn't the right FIT for our family and returned her. :( I couldn't take feeling like the only way to have company at the house was to isolate her and/or confine her so she couldn't act out and bite someone. I just hope that this isn't a breed trait and more of a improper upbringing. I know she was not socialized and lived most of her life in a barn, secluded from everything and everyone except her litter mates and parents. We are a social family and need a dog that will trust us and not need to feel threatened by our company choices...
I hope to stay connected with this group, regardless if we get a shepherd or not.
Thanks for Reading
Sherry

#2 ·
Welcome, sorry the GSD/Lab did not work out for your family. Lots of great info on here to read up on, and if you do get a new furbaby please share it with us, we love to look at pics on here. :welcome:

#3 ·
Hi welcome we have a 3 yr old and she's great with all people and animals so it just really depends on the dog. Sorry you had that type of experience with your previous dog I went through the same thing with my dobe/ boxer mix it was beyond stressful and the liability was to much to risk. Best of luck to you finding the right fit for your family :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.