German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Introductions & Welcome Mat (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/)
-   -   Kimber (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/introductions-welcome-mat/197414-kimber.html)

Jmm4 12-31-2012 02:58 PM

Kimber

Hello! I've been lurking for a long time, I finally have my first German Shepherd, Kimber. She's 8 weeks old and the sweetest, cutest, smartest puppy ever ;) I adore her and am really excited that she's finally here. We have spent years waiting for the right one to come along :) although this breed is pretty new for me I've had many puppies and dogs, but so far after only a week with me she is really something special. I lost my favorite dog of all time earlier this year. She was 15 and a rescue Border Collie mix. She was 6 weeks old when we picked her up from the pound, a super sweet, coal black fluff ball with two white toes. She changed my life from that day on. At the time I was about 11 years old, an only child, not many friends. But I had a horse and a dog, so I had everything I needed. We did 4H together for 5 years, bringing her to the open utility class and winning tons of beautiful ribbons. On our time off from training I would be riding my horse, listening to the steady pace of "Dolly" behind me. We did some agility, trick work (she was an awesome trick dog), herding, tracking, fly ball, frisbee, I bet if you named it we had done it ;). Dolly opened up a lot of doors for me. My 4H class had quite a few purebred dogs, some of which were conformation dogs, so that led to many more years of showing Aussies and Tervurens, working for a professional handler occasionally. After getting out of AKC, meeting the perfect man and having two beautiful children with him, all the while searching for the right breed, then the right direction I wanted to go in (Schutzhund? Agility...obedience? Something fun like fly ball or maybe therapy work? SAR?") I mean I was completely all over the place trying to figure out what I wanted to try to do with this dog (as you all know, it's easier to pick a breeder if you know the direction you want to go in). All I knew was that I was not interested in doing AKC conformation with a German Shepherd. I may get back into it with a different breed, but AKC conformation with a GSD can be crazy...just don't want to do it. So that's a long story short and I finally get to actually post on these forums since I now have a German Shepherd ;)

Kimber is AKC registered and I did not go with any Sch lines, I decided to look into SAR or therapy work, I'm not sure if she is capable yet of doing AKC OB but I'm open to it.

So how do I post pictures of her on here while using my iPhone? My computer is down, but I would love to show her off :)

Julie

Loneforce 12-31-2012 03:07 PM

I am not sure about the picture thing, but wanted to say :welcome:

Jmm4 12-31-2012 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 24548Attachment 24549

Testing the pic thing, hopefully it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Jmm4 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yay it works :DAttachment 24550Attachment 24551

Loneforce 12-31-2012 03:37 PM

Cute Pup!! :congratulations:

Daisy 12-31-2012 03:46 PM

Congrats! Kimber is precious!! Enjoy your new pup!

TommyB681 12-31-2012 03:48 PM

Welcome! Cute pup

Jmm4 12-31-2012 04:02 PM

Thank you all! I love her!!

Bear GSD 12-31-2012 04:20 PM

Welcome Julie and Kimber!
She's a very cute coatie!

Jmm4 12-31-2012 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you mean this Popsicle stick isn't my toy?Attachment 24557