Nice meeting you all! - Page 9 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #81 (permalink)
Master Member

I don't know anything about breeding, but Jinopo had a nice Working/Show cross stud that they used quite a bit.

VÝBORNÝ Zen z Jirkova dvora

He has been bred to both working and showline dams. Sadly, he passed last year from a stomach torsion, but they continue to use one of his sons, Orion, at stud.

One of his pups from a SL breeding.

Of course, I can't speak anything about their versatility in the working world. I just know of them and the kennel that has been breeding over 40 years.
Lakl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #82 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Terry thinks he's been met at the door by a gang of breeders when actually I think the only breeder really responding on this thread is Carmen. (apologies if I missed someone)

Seeing how he was only introducing himself wouldn't it make more sense to continue this conversation by having it on a more appropriate forum?
Whiteshepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakl View Post
I don't know anything about breeding, but Jinopo had a nice Working/Show cross stud that they used quite a bit.

VÝBORNÝ Zen z Jirkova dvora

He has been bred to both working and showline dams. Sadly, he passed last year from a stomach torsion, but they continue to use one of his sons, Orion, at stud.

One of his pups from a SL breeding.

Of course, I can't speak anything about their versatility in the working world. I just know of them and the kennel that has been breeding over 40 years.
Thank you for posting. I dont want to put you or the breeder on the spot, I do have some questions though... I will send them to you off line.
SFGSSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #84 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFGSSD View Post
So, unless I am way out of the loop here… Please show me the documented success in this task and where I can read about it in some kind of sanctioned GSD review. If you can in fact direct me to breeders who have accomplished this task in a solid line that brings the best in both worlds, I would LOVE to contact that breeder and purchase one of those pups. I would be interested in how they “did it” as it is a very noteworthy accomplishment. Can you or anyone else provide links to that information on here? As you said… this is information others should know about. So we should post it.
We might be talking about two different things here... I know several breeders who have bred service dogs; if you are breeding healthy, sound GSDs to the standard, it should be natural that some pups will find success working in that venue. But I think you are talking more specifically about crossing working and show bloodlines in order to create a "line" of service dogs. I was talking about creating service dogs period, regardless of bloodline--lots of breeders have done that. Some breeders do cross working and show lines and have had their dogs go on to succeed in many different working venues--SchH, SAR, herding, and service--but their breeding program is not about creating a line of *service* dogs per se... just proper GSDs with beauty, brains, and temperament.

Again, I hate to name names because I'm terrible with names and I don't want to leave anyone out, but I know that Julia Priest, Christine Kemper, Molly Graf, Carmspack, and others on and off the forum have bred dogs that went into service. Carmspack was breeding show x working litters back in the day. Molly Graf is breeding show x working, as well as someone else on the forum whose name I can't recall--I hope they pop into this conversation--I believe a working female with a show male.

Has anyone created a line of dogs that consistently look like show lines and work like working lines, that consistently go into service, and have they done it by crossing the two lines until their line is stable? That, I do not know. So if that is what you are talking about, you're right, it hasn't been acheived on a large scale. I know people are trying.

We should start a new thread on this subject, it's a good one!
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #85 (permalink)
Master Member

Well, if someone starts a new thread, please post the link!
Lakl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.